Think my motor is going to blow! HELP

Think my motor is going to blow! HELP

Postby charlesdixon » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:04 pm

Hello everyone,

My car does not feel right – something is defiantly wrong. Here are my mods / info;

06 WRX Wagon, 31,000 miles 4AET (auto trans)
Opensource tuned with a base map for mild mods “A8DH201X – MY06 Stage 1 r17” adapted to 4AET
Perrin Turbo Inlet
SR*S cat back
Gutted stock downpipe
SPT Intake

I’ll admit that I drove with the mods without being tuned for a while. It ran just fine. I did the opensource tune about a month ago and the car was running like a bat outta hell. Just this week, while driving a long trip (350 miles) I noticed that I have significantly lost power top end. According to my boost gauge I am still hitting around 14psi like I normally world but I just don’t feel the same power that I have for the last month.

No CELs or anything like that. I’m thinking it might be a boost leak or something to that effect. I can not do it right now but I intend to do a leak test when I get home on Thursday.

I have the capability of doing some data logs with Romraider and can post some logs as soon as tonight. If someone could let me know which parameters I should log please?

Any suggestions of what I should check or do would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind that I am on the road and will not be at home or have access to tools until Thursday.

Thanks guys!

Charles
charlesdixon

Postby Nuke » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:47 am

so you're running a stage 1 map on stage 2 mods?
try a stage 2

check your IAM, see where it's at
Nuke

Return to Subaru (all models)