load scale

load scale

Postby tunermt » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:22 am

this is a noob question for sure but I would rather be safe than sorry.

when I am looking at my main fuel and ignition tables the load value across the top is in g/rev with 14 cells the highest value being 1.98.
my concern is I know the car moves more air than that, the maf scaling is stock for stock intake and shows up to 292 g/s at 4.69 volts.
the question is; can I simply add 10 more cells to the load value row, set max load to say 280, interpolate horizontally then fill in the new blank cells and now have the control to tune in the higher load areas?
It seems there must be a simpler way to do this for all the maps so I don't half to go through all the 3d maps to get the new sized/scaled maps?

thanks for the help guys! I have been tuning AEM's and hondata for to long now so the open ecu software is providing me with a new challenge. (Please help my learning curve!)

thanks again,
tunermt

Re: load scale

Postby Jon [in CT] » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:22 pm

tunermt wrote:this is a noob question for sure but I would rather be safe than sorry.

when I am looking at my main fuel and ignition tables the load value across the top is in g/rev with 14 cells the highest value being 1.98.
my concern is I know the car moves more air than that, the maf scaling is stock for stock intake and shows up to 292 g/s at 4.69 volts.
the question is; can I simply add 10 more cells to the load value row, set max load to say 280, interpolate horizontally then fill in the new blank cells and now have the control to tune in the higher load areas?
It seems there must be a simpler way to do this for all the maps so I don't half to go through all the 3d maps to get the new sized/scaled maps?
In general, you can't simply add rows or columns to a table. Peak g/sec is an indication of peak hp and doesn't necessarily correlate to peak load (g/rev), which is an indication of peak torque. A simplistic way to extend a table's load range, especially if you hope to double stock torque, is to 'delete' every other load column.
Jon [in CT]

Postby tunermt » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:41 pm

thanks for the help man, so let me compare to say my aem. I can go into the load row of hte map increase the highest # and then interpolate the row, this way i keep low load cells but gain control of the higher load.

can you help me with a rule of thumb for "about" how much air you can expect to move on say a stock wrx vs sti?
correct me if i am way off here but with my maps only going up to 1.98 arent i out of that range even with a stock car?

thanks again!
tunermt

Return to Subaru (all models)