Tuning woes on new STI

Tuning woes on new STI

Postby visualsinz » Tue May 13, 2008 10:10 am

I just bought a STI (upgrading from the 02 bugeye) and after I picked it up I noticed that it kept popping the lean code and going off. I logged it and the timing advance adjusted 20 degrees at idle and up to 50 degrees at full throttle. The knock correction hit 5 at full throttle. The car idles a little rough and Ive never made adjustments on something this modified. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the direction I need to go in.
The car was tuned by one of the most respected tuners in the South East after these parts were put on, but Im loosing faith in the tune.

Engine Mods:
Slowboy Racing GT30-11 turbo
PE 850cc Inj.
TurboXS 4" Downpipe with 3" back catless
Perrin Big Inlet
Injen short ram intake
Turboxs FMIC (full kit including Recirculating Turboxs BOV)
Walbro 255 fuel pump

SS Protune by "professional tuning shop"

I think thats about it on the motor. If you have any suggestions let me know. Ill try to get the map up and logs (I can log, but cant figure out how to save them to post here)
visualsinz

Postby Freon » Wed May 14, 2008 2:30 pm

Please post the exact code you are getting. P#### ?
Freon

Postby visualsinz » Thu May 15, 2008 6:25 am

I have since got up with a local tuner and I am doing the logs and sending them to him and he is altering my maps and the code isnt popping any more (thus far). Just by the first adjustment the timing isnt reaching over 26 and the knock crrection is down. After a couple more adjustments and logs the car will be smoother than ever. Thanks
visualsinz

Return to Subaru (all models)