Wondering Some Things

Wondering Some Things

Postby STiBottom » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:22 pm

I am not in need of car help nor do I want to know what I "need" to do to my car. I think that I have done an ok job thus far. What I am looking to do is to further my knowledge. So if you want to help chime in but please don't respond with "Interested Subscribed". Now that the formalities are out of the way here we go.

Wonderings:
As I am slowly adjusting the AFR's on my car and making sure not to go out of the range of safety (wideband is being used) I have noticed ways to back off timing by upping the boost. For some reason or another my car was really really rich on the last log that I did. Well since there was too much fuel and not enough air the ecu was advancing the timing and I needed to do something so I upped the boost, lowered the base timing and it seemed to make the car a lot more smooth. What is a safe range for the timing to be at? Oh and in all of this I was also monitoring knock to make sure that it was not getting out of hand.

I guess all in all what I am trying to do is to create a "cause and effect" list that contains little tid bits of things to do to have a certain reaction.

So... my "problem" was that my car was running really rich and I wanted to correct it.

My "solution" was to lean the fuel out a bit by adjusting the AFR table (in EcuFlash) also pulling the timing down a little bit and also upping the boost (cause target was only 16 for some reason). All while keeping an eye on the knock sensor (no changes were seen)

Ok I know this was not a normal "I need help" post but I thought that it should be here. If this is already somewhere then feel free to show me and close this thread or to move it to wherever it needs to be.

Thanks in advance,
STiBottom
STiBottom

Return to Subaru (all models)