Help identifying ECU : MY07 FXT

Help identifying ECU : MY07 FXT

Postby hairaida » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:09 am

hi appreciate if someone can help me identify what ECU i have in my MY07 FXT......I live in Singapore and most of my friends' rides are EDM.....

i tried using a openport 1.3 cable and ecuexplorer into the obd port and can read data like manifold pressure, a/f etc........but there's no description in the space where the type of ecu is shown eg. edm 2005 fxt ...... ie. blank....??

i opened up the ecu and found the following:

on case.......AV22611AM240 (DENSO)
on chip........64F7058F80 BX0419 BD12471

i got the car in Mar 07 but it was manufactured in 2006 so I'm hoping i have an ECU that can be flashed ie. not have to wait for a new type CAN cable.

Thanks in advance to any helpful soul!! :wink:
Attachments
MY07FXTECUCvr.jpg
MY07FXTECUCvr.jpg (86.22 KiB) Viewed 3093 times
hairaida

Postby radsdau » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:53 pm

Based on what I've seen, you have a very good chance that this will be usable with ECUFlash. No guarantee though. You should be able to read the SSM ID with ECUFlash, regardless.
What's the text on the PCB? It'll be something like "112331-___" etc.
radsdau

Postby hairaida » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:53 pm

radsdau wrote:Based on what I've seen, you have a very good chance that this will be usable with ECUFlash. No guarantee though. You should be able to read the SSM ID with ECUFlash, regardless.
What's the text on the PCB? It'll be something like "112331-___" etc.

Thanks so much for the quick reply.......the text is.......
112331-1490

i've used ecuflash but it doesn't identify the ecu and my buddy tried to read it but after some lines of messages it gives an error message. i tried with green connectors plugged and disconnected.

i'll disassemble the parts under the steering later and take some pics of the wires/connectors there......maybe there's some other connector....'white'??

some of my friends say it may be a CANbus cable that I need....is there a seperate connector or is it just that the obdII connector is CAN?
hairaida

Postby hairaida » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:19 pm

ok.....please see pics attached.......aside from the green connector, there is a white one near it that's not connected. And there's another white connector near the fuse box that's tied up and also not connected. Do I have to connect the white ones?? or short certain pins? they both look female so I'm... :? :?
Attachments
white connector the other side.jpg
white connector the other side.jpg (66.54 KiB) Viewed 3078 times
white connector.jpg
white connector.jpg (51.23 KiB) Viewed 3078 times
green connector.jpg
green connector.jpg (59.35 KiB) Viewed 3078 times
hairaida

Postby radsdau » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:39 pm

I'm sorry but I don't know about the extra white connectors. I have seen this type of car before and have also not been able to communicate with it. I assume Subaru have changed their hookup method. I don't know if CAN is involved in this now. If so, the current OpenPort cables will not work with these cars.
radsdau

Postby hairaida » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:43 pm

radsdau wrote:I'm sorry but I don't know about the extra white connectors. I have seen this type of car before and have also not been able to communicate with it. I assume Subaru have changed their hookup method. I don't know if CAN is involved in this now. If so, the current OpenPort cables will not work with these cars.

ok....thanks anyway! :wink:
hairaida

Return to Subaru (all models)