Injector question on USDM 2002 WRX

Injector question on USDM 2002 WRX

Postby Carnage2002 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:57 pm

Up front, I am a newb and I am trying to learn tuning to the point where I can speak intelligently about it but I don't want to be an expert.

I have an 02 USDM WRX, I am not sure as to which flash revision I have. I am having a problem with my cold idle that I was hoping would have been resolved by getting my car professionally dyno tuned... it hasn't. I will be returning to the tuner very shortly. Every time I start my car up after sitting for a while (cold engine) I will get a rough idle and then misfires on one, two, three or all four cylinders. At that point I can clear the codes, start the car and it runs fine (as long as it is warmed up).

What values would need to be changed (outside of the injector size) to properly install larger injectors. I currently have DW 565cc injectors and I use Enginuity to view my settings.

I don't know if it will help to provide any additional information on my mods but:
Greddy/Trust AirNix intake
DW 565cc injectors
IHI VF34 turbo
Perrin 3" catless TBE

I have done my best to check all of the other items that may be causing issues like spark plugs, clogged injectors and loose hoses. Any help or information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Carnage2002

Return to Subaru (all models)