Modifications to EURO WRX MY03 Impreza 2.0 A4TE001G

Postby crispyduck » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:38 pm

crispyduck wrote:... I have recently been comparing WOT power runs with and without the Dawes and have noticed that the ignition, knock correction and boost graphs seem much smoother WITH the Dawes and less smooth without the Dawes! I can kind of see why this would be the case. I'll post something on here later tonight when I work out how to present it easily.

The main difference I notice is that the Dawes MBC seems to provide much better boost control under WOT conditions rising quickly to a slightly higher preset limit then tailing off much slower than our stock map is programmed to do.

Further to this post please find below a side-by-side compare of a WOT log in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear with and without my dawes. Logs were made on the same day. Original csv logs also attached for the more interested.

Interesting to see that boost and knock graphs seem 'smoother' with Dawes. I'm not saying this is better - just an observation. Also just noticed that the maximum ignition retard is larger WITHOUT the Dawes. Also ignition graph looks smoother WITHOUT Dawes.

Anyone know what combination of graphs is best?

I'm after setting myself some goals on tweeking this map e.g.:

1. modify 'boost maps' so boost doesn't drop in such a steep slope
2. get IDC to around 80-85% max
3. perhaps improve ignition retard even more?

Ideas most welcome.
-Steve.
Attachments
NoDawes_WOT_1_2_3_rename_to_dot_csv.txt
Log WITHOUT Dawes (ECU controlling boost)
(5.09 KiB) Downloaded 663 times
Dawes_WOT_1_2_3_rename_to_dot_csv.txt
Log WITH Dawes
(6.55 KiB) Downloaded 652 times
with_without_dawes_log_comp.jpg
side-by-side compare of a WOT log in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear with and without my dawes
with_without_dawes_log_comp.jpg (176.52 KiB) Viewed 2534 times
crispyduck

Postby Viz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:00 pm

DannyBoy-Scoobycity,

I see you got 270bhp and 287 ftlbs with this map on the RR, just a quick question, I just have a K&N filter & WR Sport back box and you have the y splitter, was the RR done with the gases going normally through the exhaust system or bypassing it? - just a bit confused cos you mention 243 and 263 as well.

Cheers
Viz

Previous

Return to Subaru (all models)