Help

Help

Postby ghostwrx » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:35 pm

I have not been able to download the ROM image from my 2003 WRX, below are the logs that I have gotten, am I not seeing something or doing someting right here, which I sure I am.
I am using the Tactrix cable, and currently have the Cobb AP stg2 installed, not sure if that will affect anything, any help is appreciated.
Attachments
fail2.txt
(260 Bytes) Downloaded 579 times
fail.txt
(251 Bytes) Downloaded 605 times
ghostwrx

Postby ghostwrx » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:38 pm

I am hoping to take a look at the Cobb images and see how rich they run there tunings, it is a good OTS map, but they even admit to having it run very rich at higher rpm, I have heard that it is somewhere in the 9:1 A/F ratio. :shock:
ghostwrx

Postby ghostwrx » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:07 am

Well I tried again today 6 times and still the same response, :x I even attempted to use the ECUexplorer and got the same results with it. Now I understand that I may not being doing something right, but I am following the directions as they are laid out here on this website and have noticed that there seems to people having the same problem as me. Is there anyone who can answer my question?
ghostwrx

Postby Spiider » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:51 pm

Well, I'd highly recommend permanently jumpering your white flash block.

(One jumper for 2002/2003 cars, two jumpers for some late 2003 and all 2004+ cars.)

Then you need to get into diagnostic mode by connecting the green connectors. Just leave the key turned off while you connect the green plugs together.

Then just start the ecuflash program and follow the simple prompts.

I'd also make sure you have the ftdi drivers loaded correctly for the Tactrix cable.
Spiider

Postby crispyduck » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:43 pm

ghostwrx wrote:Is there anyone who can answer my question?

I'll second the last reply if you want to read your ECU image. I added instructions for reading and reflashing ECUs.

One concern I have is that you said you have the same trouble with ecuExplorer. AFAIK you do not need to jumper any connectors under the dash just to read the diagnostics output from your ECU. If this doesn't work, all bets are off as either your cable is not working or the drivers are not installed correctly.

Plugin the Tactric Cable to the car and your computer, then start ecuExplorer. Do it identify your ECU in the left hand panel?

-Steve.
crispyduck

Postby ghostwrx » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:53 pm

Thank you gentleman for your responses. I have the drivers for the cable loaded in the ecuflash folder, is there a paticular place for them to go? My laptop finds the cable without any problems. Maybe I should try and reload the drivers again. I have the jumper block and the green test connectors plugged in, I have even tried it with just the green ones connected and still go nothing. I will try again later tonight to see if I can get anything, again a thank you for your responses. If I am able to get it to work I will post my image here for you all to pick apart. :D Would having the openport 1.2 cable cause this problem?
ghostwrx

Postby cboles » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:26 pm

Try using the command line version and see if you get similar results. You only need to try reading the flash to see if the problem is solved.

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=89

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem on my '03 ECU, but it is possible that some small changes I have made in the GUI version are affecting things...
cboles
Site Admin

Postby ghostwrx » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:02 pm

I will give it a try tomorrow using the command line and post my results with that. Thanks guys for the help.
ghostwrx

Postby Spiider » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:49 am

The only thing that sticks out at me is that you say you have "the drivers for the cable loaded in the ecuflash folder".

What do you mean by that exactly?

The drivers shoule be run and installed in the OS as you would for any device driver. You should see in device manager an entry under the "Ports" section that says something like "USB Serial Port Com7". This is what mine says anyway.
Spiider

Postby ghostwrx » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:41 am

I figured that didn't sound right after I typed it, they are loaded in the USB port, under device manager, I placed the zip file in the ecuflash folder to keep everything together. Sorry about that I guess I should have been a little more informative about that. It doesn't look like I will get a chance to try this tonight, it has been raining here really bad and the power keeps going on and off, and since the battery in my laptop will not rechange I have to use the power cord and I really don't want to chance it right now. Again I thank you for your patience and helping me figure this out.
ghostwrx

Postby ghostwrx » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:44 pm

Okay I tried again 3 times today and still get the same reponse as I did in the first file. I did try the command line version and it didn't work either. A friend of mine try it on his MY03 WRX and it gave the same reponse and his car is stock. We even tried it on his laptop to see if maybe it was something in mine and nothing. What do I now, the cable works with the Tari datalogger so I know it's not that. I am getting very frustrated with this and am losing patients. :x
p.s. Crispyduck I have your webpage bookmarked. :D
ghostwrx

Postby cboles » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:09 pm

What is the model number on the case of your ECU? What did the command line version say when it didn't work?

Colby
cboles
Site Admin

Postby crispyduck » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:15 pm

ghostwrx wrote:p.s. Crispyduck I have your webpage bookmarked. :D

Nice one :-D

Looks like Colby is on the case to help you sort your problem.

Colby, do you think there is any mileage is getting a "Capture Protocol Trace File" from the working ecuExplorer?
crispyduck

Postby cboles » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:58 pm

I'm not sure why that would help if we are talking about a problem with EcuFlash... A portmon log would be useful, but I have seen one already. If he is getting the same result I have heard of before, the kernel uploads, and then there is no response. A couple explanations I can think of are

1) a different watchdog timer circuit it that ECU (not likely)
2) different TPU code which require different checksum tricks
3) problems running at the higher baud rate

i'll try cooking up a version later today that runs at low speed and has a correct overall kernel checksum for him to try to see if that fixes things.

Colby
cboles
Site Admin

Postby ghostwrx » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:28 pm

Why would it happening on two differnet cars? We got the same thing on my freinds 03wrx as we did on mine, I thing I must be doing something wrong here for it to not work on two cars, but I followed the intrustions on both the ecuflash and the ecuflash command line version. Thanks again guys.
p.s. On a side note, by chance Colby did you send an email about a SVX for sale on Ohiosubrau.com last week?
ghostwrx

Next

Return to Subaru (all models)