Help

Postby cboles » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:36 pm

SVX?, Ohio? not me. :)

I'm not sure what is going on, but I think it has more to do with specific ECU models, which is why I am asking what the model number is on your ECU case (can you tell me?). We know the Openport hardware is working because it is able to communicate with your ECU.
cboles
Site Admin

Postby ghostwrx » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:04 am

Okay here are the numbers off the ECU case;
22611AJ030
112200-5692
225692Q
Hope this is of some help, I can't get the numbers off of my friends ECU today, but I will try Monday.
ghostwrx

Postby cboles » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:21 am

Well, that makes things even more confusing... I have that exact same ECU on my bench and it works fine...
cboles
Site Admin

Postby ghostwrx » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:17 pm

As I have said maybe there is something I am not doing right, but I followed the directions to a tee. I can't remember what the command line said, but I will try it again today and save the log and post it up for you. Of course now that I say that it will work for some strange reason, but that would be a good thing. Oh and while I am thinking of it, do you think it would be okay to post the ROM image of the Cobb stg2 map? I know it has been talked about, but I don't want to cause any problems if it will.
ghostwrx

Postby ghostwrx » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:30 am

Okay now it seems that the command line won't even work now, for some reason all it does is flash up the DOS promt then goes back to windows a second later. Now my Street Tuner works fine on the car, so I know that it isn't my ECU or wiring in the car itself and it seems that the cable works fine with the datalogger so I am guessing it most be something with ECUflash itself. I have reflashed the car back to stock and tried it thinking maybe it was the Cobb Software, but that didn't work either. Any suggestions?
ghostwrx

Postby cboles » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:46 pm

did you read the ecuflash command line instructions? you need to get to a command line first, and then run it with the appropriate parameters.

colby
cboles
Site Admin

Postby ghostwrx » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:54 pm

*repeatedly smacks self in the head* :oops: Me and all my infinite wisdom didn't realise that when I transfered files from my old hard drive to my new one, I forgot to move it over. hmmm...seems I need to start writing this stuff down. I will try it again tomorrow to see if i can get it to load the ROM image.
ghostwrx

Postby ghostwrx » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:02 pm

I think I am going to forget about trying this any more and just stick with the Cobb AP/ST. I just can not figure out how why this is not working. I thank you for your efforts and will keep looking in to see how thing are progressing over here, after all I think this is a wonderful idea you have here. If things should change I will post up my results, so until then good luck.
ghostwrx

Postby cboles » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:20 am

Have you tried the new version I posted? I can't help solve the problem unless I can get feedback from you...

Colby
cboles
Site Admin

Postby ghostwrx » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:50 pm

Didn't know you posted a new oneI will have a look see and try it out.
ghostwrx

Postby wmcdonal » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:46 am

Colby

I am trying to flash an AF423 ECU on the bench.
I have the test mode connected and the CEL is blinking away.
When I try to read the flash it does not get past the init stage.

I can read the flash from the other ECU in my car but not the one on the bench. I can't put the one on the bench in the car because they are different models and even markets.

I have a feeling it may be to do with the reflash plug.
Can you tell me what pins on the ECU run to the reflash plug, I can't find this into in the wiring.

I do have the SSM and LE pins connected to the OBDII cable.
wmcdonal

Postby Phatlines » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:24 pm

you should make sure that your tactrix cable is showing up as a serial (com) port under device manager and not just a usb cable
Phatlines

Previous

Return to Subaru (all models)