MY05 Impreza JDM STi AJ810-8801 A4TJ111B

Postby Mo » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:14 pm

Thanks Steve and Mike,

even with the AVCS why would you want to alter the target AFRs in that way, surely you should shoot for consistant values until adding fuel to aid cylinder cooling at higher loads and rpm?

Steve thankyou for pointing us in the right direction, it's very much appreciated and I agree with keeping it in the public domain for everyones benefit. The more that find the site the more questions there'll be so it's good to have the information readily available.

I'll report back when I've found the ignition table......
Mo

Postby Mo » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:06 pm

To be honest I'm struggling here. I think I've found the rpm scaling for some table (no chance with the load I can only find 0 values) but how can you confirm what data this relates to? How do I know that this isn't the rpm scaling for the correction map rather than the main ignition map? If anyone has any pointers on how to find the table it'd be very much appreciated.

Going back to what was said on the previous page I don't expect to make more power from leaning it out but perhaps go further on a tank than I do at present!
Mo

Postby crispyduck » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:38 pm

Mo wrote:To be honest I'm struggling here. I think I've found the rpm scaling for some table (no chance with the load I can only find 0 values) but how can you confirm what data this relates to? How do I know that this isn't the rpm scaling for the correction map rather than the main ignition map? If anyone has any pointers on how to find the table it'd be very much appreciated.

Going back to what was said on the previous page I don't expect to make more power from leaning it out but perhaps go further on a tank than I do at present!

Zak,

There is nothing _really_ obvious about it (for me anyway). You stare at the hex viewer in ecuEdit and scroll through your map starting at 0x20000 looking for maps. Recommend you set with a column width of 16, then 8 using power of one and two for each. The colour coding in the hex viewer helps to 'see' related patterns. Once you find a map, this is the 'data' element of the map. Usually the column and row values e.g. x and y elements of a 3D map preceed the data elements.

I'll have a quick look for you to identify the ignition maps and see if we can move it on a little. I'll start my looking at other related STi maps that others may have found and published. This is useful to help to see the size of the maps e.g. 16 x 16 for fuel maps.

Let's see where this goes...
-Steve.
crispyduck

Postby Freon » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:01 pm

Couple of hints besides the above...

If you see a checkerboard or vertical lines, or alternating light/dark values, you most likely need to move up to the next power to see the data.

If you see what appears to be two maps side by side, you may need to either go one power down, or half your width. You also want to double check one power down if you find a map. An 8x8 1 byte map may look valid as 4x8 2byte as well, even though 1 byte is correct. If you find a 2byte map, double check twice the column count with 1byte. If it still looks ok, go with 1 byte. If it looks like a checkerboard, go back to 2byte.

I generally start at 16 wide 1byte and start scrolling. If I see something that looks interesting, I'll play with it. It's actually pretty easy to spot a 14, 15, 17, etc wide map even looking in 16 wide. You'll see the skew.

I haven't found a good way to indentify where the scaling factors are for 3D maps. Something they're right before and after the map. Other times not. Not sure how to approach this with much accuracy.
Freon

Postby crispyduck » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:10 pm

Zak,

Ok, here goes for the Ignition and Timing Correction Maps. Attached is a ECUEdit screen shot and also the XML configuration file for all we have so far.

Let us know if you need more help.
-Steve.
Attachments
ecuEdit_dot_xml.txt
Replace your ecuEdit.xml file with this.
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 653 times
Mos_JDM_Sti_Timing_Maps.gif
Mos_JDM_Sti_Timing_Maps.gif (172.56 KiB) Viewed 6623 times
crispyduck

Postby Mo » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:22 am

Thankyou Steve and Freon, you've been a great help. I could locate what looked like tables but then it wasn't consistent, I'd get both the skewed and chequer board effect and didn't know why but with your explainations I should be able to move on. I went out this afternoon and took some runs and was hitting 6.41 on the load scale so some re-scaling is in order!

I'll keep you all updated with my progress.
Mo

Postby crispyduck » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:56 am

Mo wrote:Thankyou Steve and Freon, you've been a great help. I could locate what looked like tables but then it wasn't consistent, I'd get both the skewed and chequer board effect and didn't know why but with your explainations I should be able to move on. I went out this afternoon and took some runs and was hitting 6.41 on the load scale so some re-scaling is in order!

I'll keep you all updated with my progress.

Glad we could help. Looks like the first three columns in your map could be put to better use ;-)
I don't have much experience with remapping at the moment (learning quickly on here though!) so I'd be interested to know how you would approach the rescale. Specifically interested in the rationale of selecting a new scale.
-Steve.
crispyduck

Postby Mo » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:04 am

Rescaling would give greater resolution where it's required in the higher load areas of the map, although I'm not so sure that that is what you are asking.

You need to decide what your maximum load will be, there's no point in scaling beyond this as you'll not use this area of the map so wasting resolution, again not having seen E***** I'm really not sure what or how it's possible with the OEM ECU but if it were say an SM4, you could add or remove columns to suit but that'd be too easy ;)

Perhaps someone on here with more experience of the OEM ECU could comment?

After removing some fuel and timing up top I've gained a little, now running 340x340 :D but the low down response is the same, I'd need to work on the cam timing to improve this but I don't yet have the AVCS maps and the 2.0ltrs coming out today...........
Mo

Postby west_minist » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 pm

XML attached.
Attachments
MY05 Impreza JDM STi AJ810-8801 A4TJ111B - Maps.xml
(3.09 KiB) Downloaded 625 times
MY05 Impreza JDM STi AJ810-8801 A4TJ111B - AVCS Map.jpg
MY05 Impreza JDM STi AJ810-8801 A4TJ111B - AVCS Map.jpg (307.34 KiB) Viewed 6519 times
west_minist

Previous

Return to Subaru (all models)