Help. Reflashing ECU LGT 2006 JDM AT.

Help. Reflashing ECU LGT 2006 JDM AT.

Postby Pablo » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:17 pm

We have a problem concerned in occurrence of a mistake, arising while refreshing ECU of 2004 Subaru Legacy GT. The program code: a2wd012a.

failed to commit flash at ........!
WARNING: failure in flashing block
Attachments
LGT-1.jpg
LGT-1.jpg (402.08 KiB) Viewed 6162 times
log.txt
Log file.
(30.21 KiB) Downloaded 666 times
Pablo

Postby Freon » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:47 am

As it says, you should leave the key in the ignition and in the ON position. Do not touch the key. So that is established, we're going to leave it that way until I say otherwise in the end of this post. If you need to, hook up a battery charger on low current to keep from draining the battery. This leaves the ECU waiting for instructions. Even if the flash is corrupt, if the key is left untouched you can retry flashing until you get a successful attempt indefinitely.

As it says, you should retry the flash. Click OK on the error, then click write again and let it try to flash the ECU. You may want to make sure the cable and any other test or flash blocks are solidly connected. You can unplug the Tactrix cable from the OBD port or your laptop, but I wouldn't unplug the test or flash connectors. Just push on them to make sure they're snug. You might also want to check battery voltage.

Ecuflash won't let you close, but you can forcefully reboot your laptop and try again. I'm going to again mention not touching they key! I wasn't joking in the first paragraph.

If it still doesn't work, uninstall Ecuflash AND the Tactrix/Openport drivers in Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, They are separate entries in the list! Uninstall BOTH. Reboot. Then install Ecuflash 1.29a. Then try flashing again.

Just because I know you'll ask, during this whole process you do not touch the car keys! Do not remove. Do not turn back to off or accessory. Do not touch at all. Hook up a battery charger if you need.

Hopefully after trying all those steps (you can retry for hours, days, as long as you do not touch the key!) it will go through with a successful flash.

If you have already pulled the key since this error, I'd follow the reinstall steps on your laptop and try again like normal. Hopefully the ECU isn't fried.
Freon

Postby cboles » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:38 pm

Any update on the problem? Did the reflash work the second time? Can you post a the log file?

Colby
cboles
Site Admin

Postby Pablo » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:25 am

Reflashing tried some times. ECU works. But to reprogram it is impossible. We shall try reinstall the ecuflash.

Freon wrote:As it says, you should leave the key in the ignition and in the ON position. Do not touch the key. So that is established, we're going to leave it that way until I say otherwise in the end of this post. If you need to, hook up a battery charger on low current to keep from draining the battery. This leaves the ECU waiting for instructions. Even if the flash is corrupt, if the key is left untouched you can retry flashing until you get a successful attempt indefinitely.

As it says, you should retry the flash. Click OK on the error, then click write again and let it try to flash the ECU. You may want to make sure the cable and any other test or flash blocks are solidly connected. You can unplug the Tactrix cable from the OBD port or your laptop, but I wouldn't unplug the test or flash connectors. Just push on them to make sure they're snug. You might also want to check battery voltage.

Ecuflash won't let you close, but you can forcefully reboot your laptop and try again. I'm going to again mention not touching they key! I wasn't joking in the first paragraph.

If it still doesn't work, uninstall Ecuflash AND the Tactrix/Openport drivers in Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, They are separate entries in the list! Uninstall BOTH. Reboot. Then install Ecuflash 1.29a. Then try flashing again.

Just because I know you'll ask, during this whole process you do not touch the car keys! Do not remove. Do not turn back to off or accessory. Do not touch at all. Hook up a battery charger if you need.

Hopefully after trying all those steps (you can retry for hours, days, as long as you do not touch the key!) it will go through with a successful flash.

If you have already pulled the key since this error, I'd follow the reinstall steps on your laptop and try again like normal. Hopefully the ECU isn't fried.
Pablo

Postby Pablo » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:30 am

Reflashing tried some times. Log file is attached to the message and sent on your e-mail.

cboles wrote:Any update on the problem? Did the reflash work the second time? Can you post a the log file?

Colby
Pablo

Postby landikar » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:37 pm

We TURN THE KEY OFFF.And the ECU has dead......Can we make anything except new ECU??? :cry:
landikar

Postby Zeus » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:19 am

Back from the dead, same problem.

I'm screwed... I had to abort, and turned the key off. Is there anyway to recover the ECU? Of course it does not want to read to reflash now. Can the dealer even fix this?
Zeus

Return to Subaru (all models)