STi ecu in my '05 Legacy GT?

STi ecu in my '05 Legacy GT?

Postby ct_lgt » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:37 pm

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered. I'm new to this forum and haven't found my answer via search.

Here's my deal. I have a highly modified Subaru Legacy GT (fully built motor, GT35R turbo, fmic, STi 6-spd tranny, etc.) All of my reflashes have been done with EcuTek software. My tuner, who does most of his work on the STi ecu, believes that we can untap more of the car's potential by swapping in an STi ecu, however, he's not sure if we'll be able to make it work due to the immobilizer issue.

Does anyone here know anything about how we may make an STi ecu work in my '05 Legacy GT? Any input would be appreciated.

Great forum by the way guys. Glad to have found it.
ct_lgt

Postby Freon » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:15 pm

I don't see why the LGT ECU would be any different from the STI if both were fully tuned. Maybe I'm missing something. They both use the same operating system and processor. Same longblock, same sensors, etc. What does he think the STI ECU can do that the LGT cannot? Perhaps Ecutek just hasn't spent the time identifying as many of the maps as the STI?
Freon

Postby ct_lgt » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:28 pm

That makes sense. He did mention that he had maxed out the mapping capabilities of the ecutek software for the Legacy ecu.

Do you think, though, that an STi ecu could be made to work in a Legacy? I think part of the trick will be getting the new STi ecu to synch up with the immobilizer chip in my keys.
ct_lgt

Postby bmorrisj » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:00 pm

may be time to go full standalone...
bmorrisj

Return to Subaru (all models)