ecuEdit interpolate feature

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

ecuEdit interpolate feature

Postby swifty » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:11 am

I am having problems getting this to work. I have tried it in the latest version and the one before.

I have tried opening a map, selecting a number of cells either in a row or a column then selecting the interpolate selection option from the menu. This seems to make all values zero.

I have also tried using the Interpolate paste function but the only result I have from this is it zeroes all cells in the map.

It may be because I am not using these functions correctly, if so could someone please tell me how they should be used.

Thanks
swifty

Re: ecuEdit interpolate feature

Postby epifan » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:35 am

That seems so strange. Today I'm tuning some maps with different dimensions using Fit Paste and Interpolate Selected. All be fine... Interpolate alg is so simple...
epifan

Postby swifty » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:01 am

epifan
Please explain how these features are ment to be used. I just downloaded the latest version and it is still the same. My understanding is this:

If an existing map has some values in it's cells in a row or a column as follows-
11.3, 11.8, 11.6, 11.6 and I select all the values then interpolate it should give me 11.3, 11.4, 11.5, 11.6. This should work without changing the scaling or adding additional rows or columns.

Is my understanding wrong ? This is how it works with some other map editing programs I have used.

Thanks
swifty

Postby epifan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:13 am

swifty wrote:If an existing map has some values in it's cells in a row or a column as follows-
11.3, 11.8, 11.6, 11.6 and I select all the values then interpolate it should give me 11.3, 11.4, 11.5, 11.6. This should work without changing the scaling or adding additional rows or columns.

Yes, you are right, end ecuedit do this with same result with correct map description. For the interpolation method necessarily that would be correctly assigned reverse expression for data (in map description). Try to direct set a value in map editor. If it correct works then interpolate will be working correct too.
epifan

Postby swifty » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:24 am

OK, I tried to direct set a value in the desired boost table and it displayed as zero.
swifty

Postby epifan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:19 am

swifty wrote:OK, I tried to direct set a value in the desired boost table and it displayed as zero.

That because map description haven't correct reverse expresion for data values. Use xmlwrite to generate XML description, I think it generate correct expressions.
epifan

Postby swifty » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:00 am

I believe my original definition was from xmlwrite but I just tried moving it out of the xmldefs folder, restarting ecuedit, opening my rom and creating a new xml file when prompted. Result is still the same so maybe there is a bug in the version of xmlwrite I have.
swifty

Postby epifan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:43 pm

swifty wrote:I believe my original definition was from xmlwrite but I just tried moving it out of the xmldefs folder, restarting ecuedit, opening my rom and creating a new xml file when prompted. Result is still the same so maybe there is a bug in the version of xmlwrite I have.

You can check reverse expression. All that you need is school mathematical knowledge.
epifan

Postby swifty » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:39 am

epifan, thanks for your help. I had an old version of xmlwrite and it was generating the expressions incorrectly. All working now I have a later version.
swifty

Return to Tuning Software