96-99 DSM Eclipse

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby TALONTRAX » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:56 pm

Man, Blak94gsx, you`re a wealth of information ! Thanks for the quick, insightful information. I`m going to research this more. Thanks again !
Attachments
COP SILVER B.jpg
COP SILVER B.jpg (28.61 KiB) Viewed 8672 times
TALONTRAX

Postby Blak94GSX » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:56 pm

The fan controller is different, so your best bet is to wire up the fans to come on with the key and not use the fan controller anymore.

The biggest problem is the immobilizer. You will need to purchase the matching immobilizer unit that goes with that year of EVO ECU, and then get a key from the dealer to work with the immobilizer ring so it picks up the key code and sends it to the ECU.
Blak94GSX

Postby TALONTRAX » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:10 pm

I`m not sure, but I think that the imobilizer vtd (vehicle theft deterrent) system can be bypassed. The other stuff can be worked around fairly easily with this: http://www.machv.com/ecupaha.html

If I decide to wait for the correct protocol coding/interface for Ecuflash to work with my stock 2G(98 Tsi.awd 5 spd), is this on the near horizon ??
TALONTRAX

Postby Blak94GSX » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:12 pm

Well I've heard of claims that the immobilizer was bypassed, but have yet to see that actually work. If you have the info on how to do it, please post it.
Blak94GSX

Postby TALONTRAX » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:23 pm

I`m not exactly sure what gets blocked in an Evo during theft or immobilizer function (crank, fuel delivery, fuel pump ??), but I assume that it can be mechanically or electronically bypassed either by reverse engineering the software in the ecu, or finding the circuit power or ground paths that the ecu. needs to enable the "run" mode, otherwise provided by the immobilizer system. If the "correct" key is used, the ecu. gives the "ok" to run, through an "on or off" signal somewhere to the ecu. through one of its inputs(pin #51,maybe ?). If the incorrect key is used, or the car is being stolen, it goes into theft mode, & the ecu. disables the engine from running. There has to be a way around this . . . I`ve done it on GM. cars in the past for customers that have lost or worn out their keys.

Any love on a 2G flash interface in the near future ??
Last edited by TALONTRAX on Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TALONTRAX

Postby Blak94GSX » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:28 pm

On the EVO ECU, the immobilizer code reader sends a binary string to the ECU. If that string matches the string in the ECU, the ECU will fire the injectors and coilpacks. If the binary string doesn't match the one stored in the ECU, the ECU ignores the crank angle sensor data, and the engine cranks but doesn't fire since the ECU isn't spraying fuel or triggering the coilpacks.

You can change the code in the ECU to match whatever string you want, but I don't know how to make it work without the ECU getting some kind of string from the immobilizer code reader.

My guess is that the 98-99 DSM ECU will be flashable shortly after you tear your car apart to install the EVO ECU in it... :p
Blak94GSX

Postby TALONTRAX » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:36 pm

How did I know you were going to say that ?? Lol.

I`ll hang in there a while, & wait for an interface for my car. If, however I decide to go with this Evo. setup, at least I know somebody with useful info on the imobilizer, in case I want to "aquire" one for it`s ecu & technology !!! Lol . . .

Thanks again for the useful info on this Blak94gsx . . . & if you hear of a break on the 2G interface, let me know, or post it as I am eager to try it out . . .
TALONTRAX

Postby Blak94GSX » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:39 pm

Yeah a lot of us are real eager to get this support. I'm sure Colby is busy, and I'm plenty happy with the stuff he has already contributed, so I'm not going to whine about not having DSM support...
Blak94GSX

Postby TALONTRAX » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:44 pm

I`m not the most patient person around, but I`m sure that the support will eventualy arrive for our cars. After all, someone had to flash the ecu`s from the factory originally, right ? The coding is out there, we just have to discover it . . . or re-create it.

Thanks man !
TALONTRAX

G2

Postby den812 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:49 pm

Blak94GSX wrote:Yeah you can run a 2G with an EVO ECU. The pinouts are a bit different, so you have to swap a few wires around, but it isn't that hard. The main problem is that the EVO ECU will be upset by the lack of smog stuff on the 2G and you will always have a check engine light on, but it will run fine with proper tuning.

Is same if use OBDII G2 ECUs after 97y.

but 95y G2 have JOBD Protocol(MMC MUT2)
den812

Postby Specc » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:32 pm

can anyone answer this ... what is needed to run a evo ecu in a 2g turbo eclipse .. is there any way to make it flashable with this equipment >?
Specc

Postby CorrPerformance » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:10 pm

I am looking for the right software in this forum in order to be able to tune a
'97 Eclipse GST
16G turbo, 1g Head, manifold, and Throttle Body
FMIC, 3" Exhaust, 3" o2 housing.

I read thru this thread but the answer still is in the dark to me.

Thanks in advance.
CorrPerformance

Postby SBR Joe » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:52 am

CorrPerformance wrote:I am looking for the right software in this forum in order to be able to tune a
'97 Eclipse GST
16G turbo, 1g Head, manifold, and Throttle Body
FMIC, 3" Exhaust, 3" o2 housing.

I read thru this thread but the answer still is in the dark to me.

Thanks in advance.

As am I...the only thing that i have gathered so far in searching is that the 98-99 Eclipses have the flash port and can use the evoscan software to log...but not to tune. I really need to tune my 2g and i am still trying to get a definite yes or no answer as to wether or not the ecu flash will work on my 98 gst.

Joe
SBR
SBR Joe

Postby CorrPerformance » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:01 am

At the moment, a customer came in(last Saturday) with a Eclipse GS (420a) turbo and the customer had a Split Second controlling the injectors and a MSD box trying to pull some timing. Well it went okay for what it was.

Here is a video of the aftermath that night after the tune.

Alberto
CorrPerformance

Postby SBR Joe » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:29 am

the video wont play for me....but does that answer my question is a good way?? Is it the same for 420a cars opposed to 4g63????? Im still not clear as to wether it will work. Someone please give me a yes or no asnwer..lol. If no i need to start looking for an EPROM and order DSM link.

Joe
SBR
SBR Joe

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning Software