96-99 DSM Eclipse

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

96-99 DSM Eclipse

Postby marcman804 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:07 pm

I was wondering if any of this is available for the 96-99 Mitsubishi DSM model cars? I have a 97 GST and im interested in using this site to tune my car.
marcman804

Postby Evo4Mad » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:27 pm

EcuFlash works for Mitsubishi Evo 7/8/9

EvoScan Datalogger works on 1996+ Mitsubishi's
http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=709
Evo4Mad

Postby Blak94GSX » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:33 pm

The DSMs don't have a flashable ECU platform, with the exception of maybe the 98+ turbo models, although I haven't personally tested it yet. I will try it out though if I run across one. If it works, it would be just like an EVO as far as tuning goes, since they are the same platform.

As was mentioned, you can use the evoscan logger with the 2G DSMs. Would be helpful if you have a SAFC. DSMLINK is probably your best bet though for complete tuning systems for the DSMs. Includes a datalogger and can adjust full timing and fuel without any piggybacks.

http://www.dsmlink.com/
Blak94GSX

Postby Blak94GSX » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:11 pm

Okay, here is the response from a 99 GST.

Tried the 1996-2001 Mitsubishi 2nd Gen/EVO5-6
type and it said right away:

H8/500 processors are not yet supported!

When trying EVO7/9, 9 and 2003 AT and other stuff it thinks for a minute
trying

sending init sequence 1 (0001)
sending init sequence 1 (0003)
sending init sequence 1 (FFFF)
no response to any known code
Blak94GSX

I have (DSM) Eclipse GST 95y with refalshebale EPROM ECU...

Postby den812 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:48 am

I have (DSM) Eclipse GST 95y with refalshebale EPROM ECU...

what i can do with it and wht i need to reprogram and datalogging?

is no OBDII !!!! is JOBD!
den812

Postby Blak94GSX » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:58 pm

The 95 DSM is definitely not flashable. True, it uses an EPROM, but not a Flash PROM.

It is however tunable. You need to socket the EPROM, then use an EPROM burner to write code to the chip, then swap chips. The tuning is essentially the same process though.

Here is a page with a list of the stuff you need:

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Egrey2.0/ECUedit.html

The much easier method, although not as cheap, is to run a DSMLINK ECU, which is super awesome from a tuning standpoint. Includes a really nice datalogger as well. www.dsmlink.com
Blak94GSX

A

Postby den812 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:01 pm

Blak94GSX wrote:The 95 DSM is definitely not flashable. True, it uses an EPROM, but not a Flash PROM.

It is however tunable. You need to socket the EPROM, then use an EPROM burner to write code to the chip, then swap chips. The tuning is essentially the same process though.

Here is a page with a list of the stuff you need:

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Egrey2.0/ECUedit.html

The much easier method, although not as cheap, is to run a DSMLINK ECU, which is super awesome from a tuning standpoint. Includes a really nice datalogger as well. www.dsmlink.com

BIG Thankyou for Your answer..... is true!!!!

1. please tell me, what Data Logging Software I must use with my ECU? because I have many different knoweledge.... and ODBII not works

2. what is the Protocol? and what cable(Interface Hardware) I can use with it

3. and what Tuning Software I can use?3.
den812

Postby Blak94GSX » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:18 am

The 95 DSM is actually OBDII compliant. It won't work with the EVOScan software though. It may work if you ground pin 79 at the ECU harness, but I haven't actually tried it personally yet.

I use the PocketLogger software that runs on a Palm OS with a serial port. Works pretty good and is fairly cheap.

http://pocketlogger.com/index.php?pid=obdii

Overall though the best bet is www.dsmlink.com since that comes with everything you need to tune and log, and it adds a few other nice features like on the fly tuning, knock control, launch control, wideband input.
Blak94GSX

Postby den812 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:15 am

Blak94GSX wrote:The 95 DSM is actually OBDII compliant. It won't work with the EVOScan software though. It may work if you ground pin 79 at the ECU harness, but I haven't actually tried it personally yet.

I use the PocketLogger software that runs on a Palm OS with a serial port. Works pretty good and is fairly cheap.

http://pocketlogger.com/index.php?pid=obdii

Overall though the best bet is www.dsmlink.com since that comes with everything you need to tune and log, and it adds a few other nice features like on the fly tuning, knock control, launch control, wideband input.

I try it, not work.... only MUTTII-III works is still no OBDII
den812

Postby Blak94GSX » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:06 am

Okay, well I know PocketLogger works. I use it all the time. So that is an option.
Blak94GSX

Postby den812 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:56 pm

Blak94GSX wrote:Okay, well I know PocketLogger works. I use it all the time. So that is an option.

yes is works on G1 and G2 after 96y USA ECUs!

I Have G2 GST 95y with JPN EPROM ECU..
den812

Postby TALONTRAX » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:16 pm

Any of you guys know if it is possible to use a Evo ecu. in a 2g turbo car ? I heard that a few guys have done it. I think they`re the same from a harness connector standpoint, I just don`t know if they`re compatible, & if so, what year Evo ecu. would work in a 98 5 speed awd. car . . .
TALONTRAX

Postby Blak94GSX » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:43 pm

Yeah you can run a 2G with an EVO ECU. The pinouts are a bit different, so you have to swap a few wires around, but it isn't that hard. The main problem is that the EVO ECU will be upset by the lack of smog stuff on the 2G and you will always have a check engine light on, but it will run fine with proper tuning.
Blak94GSX

Postby TALONTRAX » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:45 pm

That`s good to know . . . my reasoning is to possibly upgrade to an Evo. ecu, to be able to use Ecuflash with it for tuning. Any chance that you or anyone has any more specific info. on the pin swap, & maybe what year(s) evo. ecu`s are compatible ? I`m even thinking that if this can be done, that possibly the memory can be re-flashed in the evo. box to correct for absent or non-capatible emissions gear. Sound feasible ? ? ?

Has Anyone sucessfully done this ? ? ?
TALONTRAX

Postby Blak94GSX » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:51 pm

It is possible to disable the CEL stuff on paper. There is no real technical reason why it can't be done, but to my knowledge, the actual code segments that are responsible for running the smog equipment checks haven't been reverse engineered enough to be able to circumvent them. I'm sure it is just a matter of time though.

As for the pinouts, the 2G pinouts are here:

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/ecu-harness-2G.html

The EVO 8 pinout is here:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/ ... wiring.htm

You can take it from there...
Blak94GSX

Next

Return to Tuning Software