Differences between ecuEdit and ecuFlash map data

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:30 pm

I am the OP of this thread... :roll:

You missed that part and yet argue that people aren't overlooking anything here... OK.

I might as well stop now because my viewpoints are falling on deaf ears anyway... again.
JRSCCivic98

Postby Spec C Wannabe » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:32 pm

:( :( :( This gets me very worried.

As a faithful user of these free softwares. I've been using EcuEdit and XMLwrite to edit my ROM. As far as the changes I've made to ROM, I can not be longer asssured they went/go to the the right addresses with the right numbers as I originally intended to.

I am one of the user who has decent basic tuning but know next to nothing about ECU disassembly. My focus is more on the tuning side. Just like a standalone tuner who dont have to know bit what's inside that Motec box (nor that Motec manufacturer want thier users to know theirs).

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, the word "I think someone should fix it" is not constructive. But, however, in my user point of view, that "someone" should/could be more willing to iron out the issue, just to help out our community. I could have done this myself should I know those ECU basics. But it would take me months or even years to learn. By that time, How many engines will be exploded? How many ECUs are toasty fried?

When I first registered into this website, there is no prerequisite of basic computerscience or XML programming asked in the registration form. That's mean it is open to anyone who is into tuning and willing to learn. Hope my point is politely delivered.

Thanks for listening.
Spec C Wannabe

Previous

Return to Tuning Software