A4SGE01C mod'd map vs ECUTek'd ECU

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

A4SGE01C mod'd map vs ECUTek'd ECU

Postby jpmarotta » Sun May 21, 2006 5:32 am

Hey All-

Getting into some analysis between my current ECU and an ECUTek'd ECU I bought 2nd hand. Some initial observations and questions. I'm using Enginuity as my map interface...

1) ECUTek'd ECU is based on A4SGC00C, the A4SGE01C has a ton more defined parameters. Things like tip-in fueling, turbo dynamics, wastegate duty compensation and MAF scaling are not there for A4SGC00C.
- Why are the ROM's not reporting the same amount of parameters?
- Is it just an Enginuity def's issue?
- Do they have a different location in ROM?

2) Under the fuel tables, the ECUTek'd ECU max load values go much higher than in the stock map (6.5g vs 4.12g)
- I thought this was a limitation of the stock MAF, am I missing something?

Anyone know what the "TGV Control Signal Open cct DTC threshold" value does. Default value is "10", but want to know what it is measuring (10 of what)?

Sorry if these are noob questions, b/c I'm a noob.

-Jason
jpmarotta

Postby Freon » Sun May 21, 2006 7:01 am

Load is calculated based on MAF load and RPM. There could be an envelope limitation there.

I would guess the difference in number of maps you see is the lack of the map definitions in Enguinity for that particular model, not the fact that a slight ECU revision actually lacks those maps.
Freon

Re: A4SGE01C mod'd map vs ECUTek'd ECU

Postby AutoXer » Mon May 22, 2006 11:50 am

Is this a Subaru that you're talking about? Cause I can't read the ECUTek flash from my Evo 8. :( I wish I could!
AutoXer

Re: A4SGE01C mod'd map vs ECUTek'd ECU

Postby jpmarotta » Mon May 22, 2006 11:59 am

AutoXer wrote:Is this a Subaru that you're talking about? Cause I can't read the ECUTek flash from my Evo 8. :( I wish I could!

Yup, '02 WRX.

-Jason
jpmarotta

Jestr

Postby MonkiMajyk » Fri May 26, 2006 11:18 pm

can anyone read Jestr flashes?
MonkiMajyk

Return to Tuning Software