Recommend Map Adjustments Based on Parts

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Recommend Map Adjustments Based on Parts

Postby Ramzees » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:57 am

Hi Peeps

I am very mechanicaly aware of what makes a good strong running engine, but I need a little help on how to make the ECU (electrical aspect) strong enough to support the new mods to the engine. Can anyone recommend what perameters to adjust to get me in the ball park? I am using ECU Flash, RomRaider Logger, and RomRaider ECU Editor, and I'm using the Tactrix 2.0 cable this will be my first attempt at this so I want to get some feed back before I dive in. So on to the car and mods. I have a 2005 STI I bought it new "1 owner",so it has never had any other things done to it prior. I have just recently added: Equal length 4n1 header, TGV Delete with the valve still active, meaning the rod is the only thing in the TGV so it's still giving a reading to the ECU and inturn hopefuly I won't have to make any adj. to it. Turbo with 11 twin blade compressor wheel and high flow exhaust wheel "sharp cut" capable of 21-27 psi. 450-500 hp, a 3" bell mouth catless down pipe, 3" catback exhaust (highflow), Narrow band A/F gauge (I know it's just for looks but it should give me a rough idea), Fuel Pressure gauge, Boost gauge, 3" shorty intake with K&N filter, and a 3" inlet pipe. So what should I adjust in my ECU? Where should I begin?
Ramzees

Re: Recommend Map Adjustments Based on Parts

Postby Street Sports » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:18 am

Regarding your narrowband (0-1 volt) AFR gauge. How is it connected? If to the OEM oxygen sensor, then you cannot trust it's reading outside of knowing that the sensor is probably working okay as it commands the computer to add/subtract fuel to keep the engine at stoic. If you really want to use it, then get an Innovate LC-1 and install it. This will provide two things for you. First, the analog #2 output is already default to 0-5 volt wideband output. Just take the supplied cabling and insert the terminator plug into the "serial in" cable. Then the supplied mini to DB9 connector plugs into the "serial out" cable. Then plug the DB9 connector into your laptop directly (or through a serial to USB adapter) and you can use the included Logworks to view and log real wideband readings. You can also take the LM Programmer software from Innovate and reprogram the output of the analog #1 output to scale down the wideband number from 0-5 volt and output a 0-1 volt signal that you can put into a "disco gauge" type AFR that you have now and it will actually read wideband (although you will not have a numbering scale printed on the face of the gauge itself, you can compare to Logworks gauge and get a good idea of which lights on your AFR correspond to what numbers in Logworks. Then it is just a matter of you remembering the scale for the gauge yourself. This at least will work with Autometer "disco gauges", but may work on others.

Shawn @ Street Sports
Street Sports

Return to Tuning Software