Coolant fan tuning on a 2004 Sti

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Coolant fan tuning on a 2004 Sti

Postby Treefiddy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:14 am

So I updated the ecu definitions for romraider and I been getting used to the new arrangement of tables and such. I stumbled that now there's an option to adjust fan control on the 32bit ecu that was only available on the 16 bit ecu.

I'm still figuring out how to work this since I want the fans to come on at certain temperatures because at the current setup the coolant temps will shoot up to high for comfort after the 1/4 mile pass so I want to take care off that.

Still I would want to know how to set up this tables properly.

For example I'm having problems identifying when Mode do the M1, M2, M3 etc modes kick in. I'm having difficulties matching up the on and off modes.

Freon if you can chime in on this it would be of a grate help!
Treefiddy

Re: Coolant fan tuning on a 2004 Sti

Postby Treefiddy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:31 am

Any one??
Treefiddy

Re: Coolant fan tuning on a 2004 Sti

Postby merchgod » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:21 am

read the help text - it explains, in general, what is going on. The actual process is more complex than just these two sets of tables for veh. speed and ECT. The modes determined by each of these tables, plus whether or not the A/C is on, as a whole, are used to determine which fans are on or off. Not to mention other thresholds that may override this behavior.
merchgod

Return to Tuning Software