Reading boost and wastegate maps

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Reading boost and wastegate maps

Postby IBAUCLAplaya » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:40 am

I have a Cobb ProTune on MY04 WRX. I need to view the values on the realtime map that I have flashed on the ECU. What program do I need to download to view the values for the boost table and wastegate duty cycle maps? Then once I download it, what do I click on to view them?

Is it ECUExplorer and then click tools and read ECU flash data? I ask this because before I do it, I wanna make sure I don't ruin my Cobb flash on the ECU.

Thanks
IBAUCLAplaya

Postby ev8siv3 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:51 am

The "Realtime" map won't show up on a rom Dump. You can monitor realtime information with EcuExplorer but when you dump the rom you will be getting the "Base Map" that is hopefully what they loaded after your ProTune.

When you select "View Current Map" on your AP what does it show?
ev8siv3

Postby IBAUCLAplaya » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:28 pm

Well then what do I do to view the values of the base map? It is a base map that Tim Bailey from PDX put on that is meant to work w/ both the stage two map and the STX legal map
IBAUCLAplaya

Postby ev8siv3 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:35 pm

IBAUCLAplaya wrote:Well then what do I do to view the values of the base map? It is a base map that Tim Bailey from PDX put on that is meant to work w/ both the stage two map and the STX legal map

Hook up your cable and dump the ROM from your car. Then open up the HEX file in Enginuity or another map editor and you will be able to see most of the values provided that you have a good ECU Definition file.

Have you tried dumping your rom yet, or identify which ECU you have? Did you check the AP and see what it lists as your "Current Map"?
ev8siv3

Return to Tuning Software