Live mapping ?

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Live mapping ?

Postby Matt H » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:08 am

Hi guys,

Apologies if this is a very noob question, but I've spent hours on here and other sites and I'm now ready to start tuning :wink:

I have my Tactrix OP 2.0 cable etc but I am also a pro tuner, so I have a 4wd chassis dynocell at my disposal 8) I have two Impreza's and an Evo 9 lined up as guinea pigs :D

So, I'm presuming that Ecuflash downloads and edits ROMs for reflashing, but is there a way of mapping 'live' ? So you can edit maps, see their effect and then flash when done ?

We do this at the moment with Race evo software from Dimsport aswell as the MET16 emulator, the MET16 is plugged into the ecu, the car is then tuned and then you burn the image file to an eeprom and reinstall that back into the ecu.

Would obviously prefer to map 'live' and then flash the ecu when done. Is this possible ? I will try Ecuflash tomorrow :)

Many thanks

Matt
Matt H

Postby Sasha_A80 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:27 pm

I am afraid it's not the way you can use for a commercial ECU.

Live mapping needs badly to have maps reloaded into RAM before running engine software. In such a case it is really possible to provide "realtime" tuning. And this is exactly what you currently have wth Race Evo.

Maps being hold in flashable ROM are to be rewritten by blocks, those should be erased before flashing. Your engine software could not have appropriate data from the map to be rewritten at that moment. That means you have to stop the engine before flashing ecu maps...

An alternative "realtime" possibility is to bias ignition, mixture (if ecu software allows this to be done) at some points in order to get correction for map and flash in those findings later.
Sasha_A80

Return to Tuning Software