Mazda definitions?

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Mazda definitions?

Postby vansickey » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:31 pm

I have an RX-8 and have the rom which I am told is similar to the DBW STI's, it's a denso, and I do have the addresses of a few maps, but it's very tedious to make changes, not to mention the possiblilty to make mistakes. Is it possible to make a definitions file so romraider can look at it and edit it?
vansickey

Postby radsdau » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:42 pm

It's pretty easy to manually enter the definitions into ROMRaider of ECUFlash xmls. Just follow the example of the definitions already there. I don't know of an automated way of doing it, although there might be an 'assisted' (semi-automated) method floating around.
It's worth the time doing this; it makes tuning *far* easier.
I don't know of any Mazda ROM defs for ROMRaider; it would be interesting to see if you work it out!
radsdau

Postby vansickey » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:46 am

I am not smart enough to work it out, and I haven't found the information I need laid out so I can learn it. I've found and read tons of other things about whether you can, can't why's, why not's, but what I need is a how-to... for idiots I guess. I do know a few things about the rom, but I don't know how to make a def so I can easily manipulate it with romraider. I know there are smart enough people here, if I can only get some assitance. What I do know is...

Copyright 1999 Hitachi,Ltd.Hitachi Vehicle Operating System
for SH-2 Operating System, Product Version V2.1A 1999Hitachi
Vehicle Operating System for SH-2 Operating System, Private'
Version V2.1A.00 1999

Copr.DENSO2000SSW-N3Z2ET000

and a few map locations, but I don't understand how to figure this stuff out when it's just a 2d map or just pointing to a value.

If I remember right it's a 7055, which suby dbw use as well. I would assume, to some degree the structure would be similar.

... The things I've read don't teach me how to do this, but they do point out things, that if I understood they would help. I don't quite understand IDA, which from what I can tell, would really help me figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.
vansickey

Postby Blitzsti04 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:00 pm

What about the new Mazda Speed 3? any tuning software for that?
Blitzsti04

Postby vansickey » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:58 am

Blitzsti04 wrote:What about the new Mazda Speed 3? any tuning software for that?

The tuning software, like RomRaider? or, Do you mean flashing software? I don't know, I haven't checked for the compatibility, it seems that the tactrix cable w/Sub&Mits support is the most informed and available setup out there. Which is why I started asking for help here. Every other system I have come across is either limited to proprietary tunes, or very expensive, and most times both. And nobody who knows the stuff seems to want to share information on expanding the capabilities with outsiders.
There is a chance that the protocol is known for the Mazda 3, at which point all you need is the interface, then do your own def file for it. I have spent countless hours on my 8 for mapping, and researching to determine map "meanings"/definitions.
Also, a side note, as you can see, you notice how much help I have recieved so far?
With ALOT of time, and some understanding, everything can be figured out.
vansickey

About RX8

Postby christian_piasini » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:37 am

I'm locking into point of the ON/OFF fan controls.

Some one have this details, and can help me out?

Attacced the stock bin file.

Best regards

CHristian Piasini
R&D Piasiniengineering
Attachments
SW-N3M6EE000.zip
(299.35 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
christian_piasini

Postby vansickey » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:29 pm

Sorry I can't offer any professional help, the best I can do is a bit of trial and error if you know the stock numbers, and hunt down the addresses. There are quite a few people familiar with disassembly in the romraider forums though. Good luck.
vansickey

Re: About RX8

Postby hcvseik » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:40 pm

christian_piasini wrote:I'm locking into point of the ON/OFF fan controls.
Some one have this details, and can help me out?

The 3 ECT paired values are at 0x78834 - 0x7884B, have fun :)
hcvseik

Re: Mazda definitions?

Postby christian_piasini » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:36 am

Thanks a lot, I will take a look at this address, and try it out.

it has 32 flot point value over there? the temp value I mean?

Best regards

Christian Piasini
R&D Piasiniengineering
christian_piasini

Re: Mazda definitions?

Postby hcvseik » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:29 am

christian_piasini wrote:it has 32 flot point value over there? the temp value I mean?

Yes, it's 32-bit floating point value aligned as follow:

1st paired/control #1:
32 bit float (97°C) temp on
32 bit float (3°C) swing/coooling temp before turn off

2nd paired/control #2:
32 bit float (97°C) temp on

3rd paired/control #3
32 bit float (101°C) temp on

The RX8 had 3 fan modes, but only two are active:
two fans low speed turn on at 97°C and turned off at 94°C
two fans high speed turn on at 101°C and off at 98°C.
single fan high speed mode is inactive.

There are also other factors that control the fans as well like outside temp (Fan on after engine off) & A/C, which I don't think you're interested in those.
hcvseik

Return to Tuning Software