STI 2002 Type Uk ECUTEK user tunning

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

STI 2002 Type Uk ECUTEK user tunning

Postby simeonidis » Tue May 13, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi all

i am new to all this , i have been following all the threads for some time , trying to puzzle it all together.

so now i decided its time to ask for some pro advice.

i have an STI 02 Type Uk prodrive Bugeye , it has the following mods

Wabro Fuel pump
High Flow pannel filter
3 Inch Down pipe + Cat Pipe + back pipe+ backbox
Upgraded DV

i use the car on a regural basis so i am not looking for any massive power but the best i can get from the above.

today i received in the post my ECUTEK delta dash etc etc and the cable to connect to the ECU port.

i tried it on the car, unfortunatelly unless i take the vehicle to a tuner to enable the user tunning functions , the software is very limited with the tunning it can do. seems good to me for logging etc...

can some one point me in the right direction , on whether i can use the cable that comes with the ECUTek with any of the software available on this site?

if so where do i start and is there any maps that i can upload to my sti that will be a bit better than the original ?

Your help and advice is much appriciated.
simeonidis

Postby Freon » Wed May 14, 2008 2:18 pm

You can probably use your Delta Dash cable to log with ECUExplorer or RomRaider (Enguinity). But you cannot flash with it.

ECUFlash only allows flashing via the OpenPort / Tactrix cables. It will not work with any commercial or other brand cables.

Keep in mind since you are using Ecutek's solution that there is only so much support Openecu can give you. You should rely on Ecutek if you need help with their equipment and software.
Freon

Return to Tuning Software