Reflash For USDM Mirage

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Reflash For USDM Mirage

Postby bby_evo » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:23 pm

Today we successfully connected to a 99 mirage ecu, 4G15 1.5L sohc with manual trans, with the tactrix evo cable. We read and downloaded the ecu data, in hex form, and we are able to send it back successfully. Problem - reading the hex, there are no definitions. Does anyone know how to write hex definitions? I really need some help, as well as a lot of other mirage owners out there. Many people on the mirage forum are interested in this tuning method and are willing to buy the associated products if someone can crack the hex file. Here it is for anyone who is willing to give it a shot. It seems to be similar to an evo. Biggest difference is that the 4G15 (as well as 4G13 and 4G18) is MAP, not MAF. Also runs a distributor, coil pack. If more vehicle info is needed, I can provide anything you could imagine. Thanks
Attachments
1999 mitsu mirage 1[1].5.hex
1.5L USDM Mirage Hex File
(128 KiB) Downloaded 981 times
bby_evo

Postby bby_evo » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:01 pm

If someone is really serious about coming up with a reflash solution for the Mirage, I can provide an ECU for beta testing, as well as all circuit diagrams, and ecu pinouts. I really want to get this working for the Mirage community, and will help any way possible, but I don't know much about code. Thanks
bby_evo

Re: Reflash For USDM Mirage

Postby Jon [in CT] » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:19 pm

bby_evo wrote:Today we successfully connected to a 99 mirage ecu, 4G15 1.5L sohc with manual trans, with the tactrix evo cable. We read and downloaded the ecu data, in hex form, and we are able to send it back successfully.
If you used the ecuFlash program from this web site, then you need to be aware that it will compare the ROM to be written with what's already in the ECU and, if they're identical, then it doesn't bother to reflash the ECU.
Jon [in CT]

Postby bby_evo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:25 pm

I'm not sure which one was used, but I got the hex successfully at least
bby_evo

Postby Evo4Mad » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:32 am

I'd be keen to help you out, if you want to send the ecu, I already know all the ecu pinouts etc. I'll disassemble it for you.
Evo4Mad

Postby acamus » Wed May 21, 2008 11:34 pm

Have you disassemble the ROM, can you upload definition file Evo4Mad?
acamus

Postby gteclass » Sun May 25, 2008 6:03 pm

what baud rate did you use to connect to the mirage, my 96 does not respond and comes back with an error
gteclass

Return to Tuning Software