Boost CEL limit and boost fuel cut limit?

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby Kha0S » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:25 am

calvinc wrote:
I was logging at the time, but, unfortunately, ecuExplorer has a habit of dropping out during high load regions...
what comms settings are you currently using?

I've backed it out to the standard settings after using the "alternate" settings, and the dropouts are less frequent and less severe.

What sort of logs would be helpful for you to debug what's going on?
Kha0S

Postby calvinc » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:18 am

portmon logs for only the ecuExplorer com port.

calvin.
calvinc

Postby FrSTi » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:58 am

qoncept wrote:Edit again: Any idea what THROTTLE DELTA FUEL COMP (BOOST ERROR) is?

These values are designed to adjust fueling (i.e run a little leaner) when boost is under the target.
FrSTi

Postby Kha0S » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:06 am

Hit boost cut again this morning... my wastegate dynamics are letting the boost stay a little too high for too long, but I still don't think I'm actually editing the right map to increase the boost cut.

*sigh*

/Andrew
Kha0S

Postby Xmicho » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:29 am

Had this problem when I changed to an interrupt style boost solenoid. I found that by lowering the wastegate duty a bit, I could control overboosting better and not get boost cuts when accelerating.

Once this was overcome, I realised that I would get boost solenoid related cels when I went over 2.2 bar for more than a few seconds. I know that a lot of WRXs have the boost solenoid cel map limit set at 2.2 bar for 1.01 bar atmospheric pressure and it drops as the atmospheric pressure drops.

Another possibility would be the boost limit. It's a 2D table of values of boost limits at varying atm pressure. These should be the issues you need to address if you're get boost related cels and fuel cuts. If you're getting boost cut and cels then it's the boost solenoid cel map. If you're getting fuel cut then it's the boost limit values. I'm still looking for the table offsets for these on my ecu version.
Xmicho

Postby Kha0S » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:54 am

I've already found the tables, but they don't seem to behave quite as I would have expected.
Kha0S

Postby qoncept » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:28 pm

Xmicho, what software were you using to tune? Are the boost limit axis values updateable or are they static? If they're static that would explain why Andrew can't find them in the rom.
qoncept

Postby qoncept » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:34 pm

Not sure if this will help, but here's a screenshot.. I was hoping to get a screen of a stock map, but this will have to do -- I'd assume the barometic pressure probably uses the same calculation method as boost pressure and it probabaly hasn't been changed from the original values.

Edit: If my assumptions are correct, you should be looking for the following hex values:

00 37 00 3F 00 47 00 4F 00 47 00 5F

Edit: Looks like my rounding is a bit off.. it should be 00 38 00 40 00 48... which makes it exactly the same as every RPM axis in the image, and none of them are where you'd hope. :\ If nothing else, we can at least enter these in as static values in Enginuity.
Attachments
stboost.jpg
stboost.jpg (14.91 KiB) Viewed 4792 times
qoncept

Previous

Return to Tuning Software