Anyone manage to find duty cycle temp/pressure compensation?

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Anyone manage to find duty cycle temp/pressure compensation?

Postby Kha0S » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:00 pm

I'm trying to hunt down the duty cycle temperature and pressure compensation maps on my '02 ECU. I've found what looks to be the correct data, but no axis values nearby.

Anyone find them yet? How about conversion factors?
Kha0S

Postby crazymikie » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:08 pm

The best way to do this is to find your wastegate duty cycle map and then you can use a disassembler to find which maps are used to modify the values in the base duty cycle map.

I'm really new with disassemblers, so maybe someone with more experience can chime in. Seems to be a real shortage of reading on how to use a disassembler to reverse engineer things ;)

Mike
crazymikie

Postby Kha0S » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:10 pm

crazymikie wrote:The best way to do this is to find your wastegate duty cycle map and then you can use a disassembler to find which maps are used to modify the values in the base duty cycle map.

Yeah... I've been trying to apply Spiider's offsets as posted in the reverse engineering threads, but a few of the maps just don't seem to have all the information in the same place.

crazymikie wrote:I'm really new with disassemblers, so maybe someone with more experience can chime in. Seems to be a real shortage of reading on how to use a disassembler to reverse engineer things ;)

That's because reverse engineering through disassembly is more of an art than a science. :D What disassembler are you using?
Kha0S

Postby crazymikie » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:27 pm

I'm using the HC16 module Colby posted for IDAPro.

It's a bit overwhelming at first. Lots of stuff, with which, I have no idea what to do. That, and just a lack of spare time....

I can show you what I've done if you'd like. Maybe at one of the DIY meets. Just let me know.

Mike
crazymikie

Postby cboles » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:21 pm

I purchased the advanced version of IDA Pro Advanced ($875! :P) using money from selling openports. It is definitely essential for disassembling ROMs to write kernels, or to figure anything else out you might want to know. The HC16 module I wrote allows people to use the lower cost IDA Standard version to look at HC16 ROMs. Unfortunately, this too stilll isn't free, it would definitely help to have more people looking over the ECU code.
cboles
Site Admin

Return to Tuning Software