Tuning Queries

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Tuning Queries

Postby Chiptek-uk » Thu May 24, 2007 10:24 am

Hi, i am new to this forum and have just recieved the newest version of the Tatrix hardware and have downloaded OPENECU and Enginuity. I am currently a tuner in the UK and am used to working on Bosh and Siemens ecu's found in european vehicles. On these ecu's there are 1000's of combinations of hardware and software numbers used on identicle ecu's. Is this the case for the Mitsibishi and Subaru ecu's or did they keep the same hardware and software through out the specific models?

At the moment i am set up as a slave tuner, my programmer cant do these files and i wondered if there is a service on this forum where i could pay some one to tune the files i read, or if i could buy pre tuned files to flash onto ecu's?

Any help you guys could give would be much appreciated.

:D
Chiptek-uk

Re: Tuning Queries

Postby gteclass » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:41 am

did you download ecuflash?
gteclass

Postby Chiptek-uk » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:31 am

ECU Flash and Eginuity
Chiptek-uk

Postby gteclass » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:42 am

Chiptek-uk wrote:ECU Flash and Eginuity

What vehicles specifically are you trying to tune? Have you downloaded the rom archive? Are you a dyno shop?
gteclass

Postby Chiptek-uk » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:01 pm

as many as possible i suppose, i understand that the both the softwares will read 2001+ ecu's

i guess this is a good starting point.
Chiptek-uk

Postby Chiptek-uk » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:02 pm

No Dyno, i do mobile.
Chiptek-uk

Postby Freon » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:29 pm

Generally there are only a few ROM calibrations for one physical ECU, but almost every new model year comes with a slight revision in hardware. There are exceptions. Say, a 2002 WRX may have one physical ECU and three compatible factory calibrations. If you flashed a 2004 WRX image to it, it would probably brick the ECU.

For Subaru it goes by CAL ID. (i.e. A2ZSJ500J, A4SGC00C, etc). To be certain to avoid problems (like frying an ECU) always read out the ROM from an ECU, tune that, and flash it back. At least don't flash a different CAL ID than you found on the car before you started unless you are sure it is compatible or you'll be a sad panda.

I think Enguinity will pop up and tell you if there is a newer compatible, safe calibration that you could choose to use. There may not be good information on what exactly is "better" about it, other that the factory deemed it a necessary update. It could be a negligible difference, especially if you're retuning the car, could be emissions stuff, etc.

Scoobypedia has a compatibility list here:
http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/ ... bilityList
Freon

Return to Tuning Software