ECU Explorer Issue - Can't Connect to ECU to Read CELs

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

ECU Explorer Issue - Can't Connect to ECU to Read CELs

Postby atlas » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:07 pm

Hey guys,

I know I've never posted (in my defense I have lurked!) but I need a hand setting up ECU Explorer on a friend's PC. He's about 250 miles away from me so its a little tough to try and help him over the phone, especially since I'm not really all that knowledgable.

My friend is trying to pull codes off his 02 WRX motor but he can't connect to the ECU. He never sees any COM ports listed under the little box in the lower left corner of the screen.

He's (my friend) never used ECU Explorer before and I feel like there's some sort of initialization or setup needed but I just can't remember exactly what.

Does anyone know what we're missing?

Thanks!

--James
atlas

Postby swifty » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:26 am

try posting on tari.co.za
swifty

Postby Freon » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:56 pm

Have you checked device manager? You should see an extra com port when it is plugged in.
Freon

Postby C.J. » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:35 pm

I had this problem as well until I realized I did not have the correct drivers for the cable I was trying to use. Once I had the driver I went to the start menu, right clicked on "my computer", click "manage", then "device manager". You then can find the COM PORTS and figure out which port it is using.
C.J.

Return to Tuning Software