EcuFlash not working on my 02 lancer

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

EcuFlash not working on my 02 lancer

Postby wickdaddy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:11 am

ok... hooked up the ecuCable and followed Zlancer's instructions, but after step 5, I clicked "ok" and the dialog box in step 6 did not show up... click here to see what I mean... anyone have an idea what's going wrong? I have also attached a copy of what i did pull off and also some of the rom that has been partially worked on. thanks in advance!
Attachments
wickdaddy_02_OZ_stock.zip
this is what has been partially worked on
(99.33 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
readimage.hex
this is what i have pulled off
(256 KiB) Downloaded 682 times
wickdaddy

Read and use this.

Postby mtcavity » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:02 pm

Read all you can on flashing your car, then use Win-RAR or other zip utility and unzip the contents of the file. Add the XML to your ECU Flash "rommetadata" folder (in your program files), then try to open your ROM image.

I would suggest some reading before going all out.
Attachments
2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ USDM (MT) [98720010].rar
(94.81 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
mtcavity

Postby wickdaddy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:25 am

i will definitely try that today... i'll let you know how it goes. thanks!
wickdaddy

Postby wickdaddy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:57 pm

alright... that seemed to work! here is what my maps look like... any helpful hints?
Attachments
022607maps.jpg
Today's high and low octane maps
022607maps.jpg (480.54 KiB) Viewed 5449 times
wickdaddy

As an example.

Postby mtcavity » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:49 pm

My exhaust and intake are SS from both ends of the head which is ported (the intake is port mached; the exhaust is just ported and port mached), with high flow cat.

The car is well maintained and runs very well at 92,000 mi. I am turbo charging later this summer when I pull the engine to do the 100,000 maintenance/rebuild, and just wanted to see what it would do with the stock fuel system before it was swapped.

I use my car daily and do not race it, although it is modified. I live in Appellation Mountains and “open it up” on open roads, but refuse to race on public roads with people I do not know. So I kept the changes to a “stock like” feel, although giving the car more fuel in general across the map. The more responsive change was made to the Open Loop 1 & 2. Both were set to weight/response of the Galant, which is a far cry heaver than the Lancer. The Lancer is .4 liters/displacement less, but the bore/stroke gives the 2.0 more power in the higher end of the revs.

Zlancer is a member of this site and would be more familiar with OZ tuning, his Lancer is “HEAVELY” modified, but started at stock and worked his way up. He probably knows every input/output or turbo questions you could ever ask. Look up his old posts.

I feel you could make similar changes and should give you more response, and a little extra power at the higher end of the revs (even if it is stock).

Remember to do a “Test Flash” before applying changes to the ECU. Also there is no need to change the Low Octane fuel map and give the ignition maps some time before going "all out".

Let me know how it turns out.
Attachments
Galant Changes 2.4l NA.jpg
Galant Changes 2.4l NA.jpg (154.15 KiB) Viewed 5431 times
Last edited by mtcavity on Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mtcavity

Postby wickdaddy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:25 pm

well my car, like zlancer's car is "heavily" modded. Here is a list of my stuff:

Garrett T-28 @ 6.5 psi | 450cc NGK Injectors | Greddy Catback with Test Pipe | 2 1/2" Downpipe with Braided Flex | FMIC | Turbo XS BOV | RRM Front Strut Bar | 17" Excel Wheels wrapped in Falken Ziexs | Tein S-Tech | Autometer Ultra-lite Boost Gauge | Automter Ultra-lite Air/Fuel Gauge | Tuned with SAFC and Filtered by K&N

I have also a few logs with mitsulogger:

http://www.wickmanstudios.com/lancer/logs/2007-02-28-am.csv
http://www.wickmanstudios.com/lancer/logs/2007-02-28-pm.csv
wickdaddy

Sorry

Postby mtcavity » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:51 pm

Then disregard my mapping and see what Zlancer did or get some advise.
mtcavity

Return to Tuning Software