06 WRX w/VF39, Catted Stealth back, ebay tmic

User topics relating to software that provides a tuning UI to alter ECU code and data

Moderator: Freon

Postby m3n0ch3 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:20 pm

It's not my secret, I'm not the one who "invented" this ;)

I must admit I run on 94 octane tho as opposed to most gas station who sell 91 in here, Petro-canada sells 94 which is a great help.

yes I do have logs too. latest I got ran 250whp/240lbs torque on a 2.0L block, with pinkies, VF39, 3" linke, uppipe wrapped. Turbo gives a nice 18psi.

I am not saying every tuners are wrong... a lot of the ones I know are running pig rich to be safe because their customer are way to hard on their box or because they don't use the ECU security features. I have met tuners who think air gets colder when going faster :shock:

Like you say, there are many ways to get to the same goal. It depends on how you do it I guess.. For one, I'll never raise my base timing map, I'll let the correction map go higher to prevent massive knocking and bad gas problems. Worse comes to worse.. I run o 91 for a fews days, reset the ecu when filling back with 94 et voila, ecu runs back at wanted timing.

here's a copy of my latest map, feel free to comment on it:

http://www.huskyracing.ca/msc/Phil-wrx03-AF423-timing-ameliore-GMBCS-CEL-185psi.hex

Phil
m3n0ch3

Previous

Return to Tuning Software