Mitsubishi Evo4-EvoX and Subaru EvoScan Datalogging Project

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Postby drunk monkey » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:38 am

i swear i got the email then for some reason it vanished. can you email the download link again. carloapalis@comcast.net

Thanks

Carlo
drunk monkey

Postby c-spec » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:27 am

for those of you, who haven't got the update v.9 yet. you need ot check your spam/bulk folder in your email. for some reason some emails server see it a as spam email.
c-spec

Postby Agent-Smith » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:13 pm

AutoXer wrote:
NoQuarter wrote:My LC-1 reading stays at 19.4 something also. It doesn't seem to change at all.

Am I going to have to wait another couple of weeks, or <gulp> months to have this issure resolved? Logging from my LC-1 was the one feature that's had me checking the forum multiple times per day. If I could pick between having gauges, graphing, hot-keys, logging indicators and only having LC-1 logging.... I'd take the LC-1 and leave the rest in a heartbeat.

Please, fix it and give us a v0.91. Pretty please... with sugar on top.

I'm willing to be a beta tester!

Agree with this EvoMad.
I know you are busy/family man so how about send up the source to me like you said you would if we pm'd you.

I can take a look at the issue and send any patches your way for distribution.
Agent-Smith

Postby NoQuarter » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:45 pm

Agent-Smith wrote:
AutoXer wrote:
NoQuarter wrote:My LC-1 reading stays at 19.4 something also. It doesn't seem to change at all.

Am I going to have to wait another couple of weeks, or <gulp> months to have this issure resolved? Logging from my LC-1 was the one feature that's had me checking the forum multiple times per day. If I could pick between having gauges, graphing, hot-keys, logging indicators and only having LC-1 logging.... I'd take the LC-1 and leave the rest in a heartbeat.

Agree with this EvoMad.
I know you are busy/family man so how about send up the source to me like you said you would if we pm'd you.

Same here, get me the source code like we discussed previously and between me and another programmer that works for me, I'll check it out as well and submit changes back to you. The LC1 integration was my #1 concern as well.
NoQuarter

Postby mchuang1 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:17 pm

Yes please man, When you posted LM1 support I was so happy I went out and bought a new o2 sensor, sensor cable and the wideband had so many greasy hand prints on it I actually cleaned it with bleach.
mchuang1

Postby chrisw » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:22 pm

NoQuarter wrote:
Agent-Smith wrote:
AutoXer wrote:

Agree with this EvoMad.

Same here, get me the source code like we discussed previously and between me and another programmer that works for me, I'll check it out as well and submit changes back to you. The LC1 integration was my #1 concern as well.

agreed. I would love to contribute to the bug fixes here. hopefully that info I sent to you will help.
chrisw

Postby AutoXer » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:41 pm

Everytime I save the gauge layout, then reload the layout, the size of the gauges increase. Frustrating. :cry:
AutoXer

Postby rwunsche » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:28 pm

I don't share that same problem. My gauge layouts come up the same size.

The problem I'm having is that NONE of the digital displays work.. only the analog ones. Anyone get a digital working yet?
rwunsche

Postby Evo4Mad » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:15 pm

thanks for the feedback, I'll make some adjustments
Last edited by Evo4Mad on Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evo4Mad

Postby Evo4Mad » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:18 am

Those that have PM'd me nicely, asking for an update on the sourcecode have had a pleasant response from me regarding this. If you want your wideband to work with this software, then you will need to send me some logs of your wideband device and let me know what values that were being displayed on the device at the time. EvoScan v0.95 has a logging feature so you can send me the wideband log file, and it will be easy to add support for each wideband logger.
Last edited by Evo4Mad on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Evo4Mad

Postby Evo4Mad » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:19 am

Do you have a wideband controller you to wish to have supported on EvoScan?

PM me for a v0.95 download link.

Extract the v0.95 EvoScan.exe file into your installation directory i.e. C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v0.9\

Select the dropdown menu "Wideband" and select "Log to wideband.csv file"
- This will deselect all items except for the Wideband (WDB) log item in the list.
- This will set the baudrate to 19200 (change it to 9600 for AEM or Zeitronix, LM1 uses 19200, for other wideband loggers set it to the manufacturer listed baudrate)
- Now plug in your serial cable from your wideband and "start datalogger"
- It will clear the serial port buffer ~60times/sec
- and it will log to a file called C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v0.9\EvoScanWideBandLog_200609??.csv and any errors will be logged to an errors.csv file.
- After you have finished logging your wideband device,
send a copy of your csv log files to wb@limitless.co.nz along with the name and model of your wideband device, and the actual value or range of values that were displayed on the wideband device at the time of logging.

Thanks for your support,
Hamish.
Last edited by Evo4Mad on Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evo4Mad

Postby mchuang1 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:56 am

Evo4Mad wrote:Do you have a wideband controller you to wish to have supported on EvoScan?

PM me for a v0.95 download link.

Extract the v0.95 EvoScan.exe file into your installation directory i.e. C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v0.9\

Select Wideband->Log to wideband.csv file
- This will deselect all items except for the Wideband (WDB) log item in the list.
- This will set the baudrate to 19200 (change it to 9600 for AEM or Zeitronix, LM1 uses 19200, for other wideband loggers set it to the manufacturer listed baudrate)
- Now plug in your serial cable from your wideband and "start datalogger"
- It will clear the serial port buffer ~60times/sec
- and it will log to a file called C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v0.9\EvoScanWideBandLog_200609??.csv and any errors will be logged to an errors.csv file.
- After you have finished logging your wideband device,
send a copy of your csv log files to wb@limitless.co.nz along with the name and model of your wideband device, and the actual value or range of values that were displayed on the wideband device at the time of logging.

Thanks for your support,
Hamish.

What about the LM1 I have that one and it does not work, but you said tested as working.. most people say all the others you didnt test work fine, like zeintronix and aem?
mchuang1

Postby Evo4Mad » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:44 pm

just send me your log and I'll check it, LM1 works great for me.

one step some people are missing is this one:
Select the dropdown menu "Wideband" and select "Log to wideband.csv file"
Last edited by Evo4Mad on Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evo4Mad

Postby Evo4Mad » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:45 pm

please stop replying with big blocks of quotes :) it just spams the topic :)
Evo4Mad

Postby Blak94GSX » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:27 am

The Zeitronix ZT2 logging works pretty good!

Thanks EVO4Mad for making a kickass logger. It is coming along very nicely.
Blak94GSX

PreviousNext

Return to Data Logging Software