Logging AFR with ecuedit

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Logging AFR with ecuedit

Postby itp » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:18 pm

Has anyone started a thread on "HOW TO" setup your lc-1/lm-1 for logging with ecuedit? I understand how to setup the hardware fro logging. What do I need to setup software wise? Do I need the innovate logging software?
itp

Postby swifty » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:17 am

You don't need to use the innovate software to log afr in ecu edit. This is my understanding of how it should work, epifan please correct me if I'm wrong:

If you have the latest version then open the Ecu logger from the menu. Once the logger is open, use the Connect to ecu option from the Connect menu to connect through the tactrix cable. Next, there is an option for external sensors off the Connect menu and this needs to be set to Innovate SDK. After that you need to click on the Configure sensors option and this brings up a window called Innovate Lambda config. Select the comm channel from the dropdown menu (probably com1 if using the serial cable direct to a serial port on your laptop) and the availablechannels will appear in the bottom half of the window. You want LM1-O2 for logging Lambda or AFR. Click Apply.

When all this is done you should be able to see the AFR as an option to log in the list. Tick it to enable.

You will also need to click on Capture Options then Pause Data Capture to start the capture. To create a log file you need to click Log Data to File from the Logging menu. This will create a log file in the directory defined as the Logging Directory, which is set through Choose Logging Directory from the Logging menu.

I don't think there is any special setup needed for an LM-1, it should just plug in and work. There was a bug in the ecuedit version I tested though and I couldn't get the AFR to display properly. epifan has released a fix but I haven't had a chance to test it. Don't know about the LC-1.
swifty

Postby epifan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:26 am

swifty wrote:You don't need to use the innovate software to log afr in ecu edit. This is my understanding of how it should work, epifan please correct me if I'm wrong

Yes, all are correct, except you must choose and configure Innovate SDK from External Sensors before connecting to ECU.

EcuEdit installer automatically register Innovate SDK ActiveX component.
epifan

Postby stanton » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:31 pm

Is it the same for the LC-1? Nevermind. I found the answer:
epifan wrote:...BTW, ecuEdit now support all Innovate AF sensors...
stanton

Postby itp » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:53 pm

Ok, tried this today. I have a problem though. I was able to get logger to see the LM1 but, it did not display the proper numbers. I tried every channel in config. window. When I would click on AFR external it would display correctly fo about a half a second then go to 4. It acts like it would if you picked the wrong Adv. Mult. Do I need to set up the com1 a certain way?
itp

Postby epifan » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:29 pm

itp wrote:Ok, tried this today. I have a problem though. I was able to get logger to see the LM1 but, it did not display the proper numbers. I tried every channel in config. window. When I would click on AFR external it would display correctly fo about a half a second then go to 4. It acts like it would if you picked the wrong Adv. Mult. Do I need to set up the com1 a certain way?

This is a bug that happened only for unregistered version, sorry. I can't release fixed version until I finished some new features.
epifan

Postby itp » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:10 am

I have a registered version.
itp

Postby itp » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:11 am

I get an error. "cannot open device" Com ports are set to 1 which is the serial port i'm using. Ecuedit ver. 2.2.80 registered is what Im using.
itp

Postby epifan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:48 am

Problems are solved. Thanks to itp for help
epifan

Return to Data Logging Software