Ecuedit logger engine load issue.

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Ecuedit logger engine load issue.

Postby doogie » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:28 pm

I have a quesstion related to the operation of the new ecuedit logger. My engine load parameter is not working on my 02 wrx no matter what address I pick. With EcuExplorer engine load was 0219BD. When I pick that on Ecuedit the parameter just changes between 2,4,6 randomly. Also will the logger support an 06 USDM STI? I assume that it will since there I can load a ROM image and everything looks normal on the maps.
doogie

Postby itp » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:33 pm

I as well have an issue with the engine load display. It just changes randomly and is not accurate.
itp

Postby DonArm » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:08 pm

+3
DonArm

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:13 pm

Ain't it cool that you can pay $120 to get this program? :roll:
JRSCCivic98

Postby epifan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:36 pm

JRSCCivic98 wrote:Ain't it cool that you can pay $120 to get this program? :roll:

$50
p.s. man, why you so whiner????
Last edited by epifan on Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epifan

Re: Ecuedit logger engine load issue.

Postby epifan » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:39 pm

doogie wrote:I have a quesstion related to the operation of the new ecuedit logger. My engine load parameter is not working on my 02 wrx no matter what address I pick. With EcuExplorer engine load was 0219BD. When I pick that on Ecuedit the parameter just changes between 2,4,6 randomly. Also will the logger support an 06 USDM STI? I assume that it will since there I can load a ROM image and everything looks normal on the maps.

All registered users have'nt any problems on 02-05 EU WRX/STi.
Do you have problems only with Load? Advance Multiplier is accurate?

BTW, I try to log EU WRX'06 to find IAM and Load address.
epifan

Postby 00WReX » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:15 am

So is the "registerable" version better than the last of the so called "free" versions 1.0.2.72
I would hope so if I was paying as 1.0.2.72 still seems buggy to me.
Great program (when it was free) but I would still consider it Beta.
00WReX

Postby epifan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:07 am

00WReX wrote:So is the "registerable" version better than the last of the so called "free" versions 1.0.2.72
I would hope so if I was paying as 1.0.2.72 still seems buggy to me.

Shure, it's better because current version is 2.1.0.77, all known bugs fixed, some nice functions added.

00WReX wrote:Great program (when it was free) but I would still consider it Beta.

Program may forever still being Beta. This is not good for developer and to bad for users, because developer must have interested motives to continue developing, fixing bugs, expand functionality... This is real life, developer spend his time, money for hardware (Lambas, cables, etc), software (developing products, components etc.), supporting web sites, etc. Moneyed assistance for developer is key for building great product. I'm think that half tank of gas is not too expensive for usefull product.
epifan

Postby itp » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:24 pm

Ok, so the free version has built in bugs to get people to buy the new stuff. Fine, just assure me that the stuff works and there will be support for problems and bugs. Also that there will be new features,descriptions and XML's added periodically. I am a tuner, not a software developer. I don't have time to mess around with product that doesn't work. So epifan, are you going to be able to help me? I really do like the software. You have done a great job.
itp

Postby epifan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:49 pm

itp wrote:Ok, so the free version has built in bugs to get people to buy the new stuff.

:lol: Free version is uploaded for unregistered users rarely than for registered.
epifan

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:53 am

Dude, seriously.... use this http://www.babelfish.altavista.com/ I get headaches every time I try and read one of your posts.

Also, your program is going to be useless and it's not worth the 50 or 120 you want to charge for it if it doesn't have the definitions for the ROMs in it! People have been putting up with it for now because it was free. I don't know how many times I have to keep stating this people!!! Tuners are not going to spend time trying to build the xml defs while a customer is waiting. If you want this to start being used in the mainsteam market you had better make it complete.

The way you have it now it's like buying a car with a blank ECU... no one and I mean no one out there that's not a brain is going to figure out how to make it work. Add to that the rumors that xmlwrite will never be updated again and you can see where things are going.
JRSCCivic98

Postby epifan » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:20 am

JRSCCivic98 wrote:Also, your program is going to be useless and it's not worth the 50 or 120 you want to charge for it if it doesn't have the definitions for the ROMs in it! People have been putting up with it for now because it was free. I don't know how many times I have to keep stating this people!!! Tuners are not going to spend time trying to build the xml defs while a customer is waiting. If you want this to start being used in the mainsteam market you had better make it complete.

The way you have it now it's like buying a car with a blank ECU... no one and I mean no one out there that's not a brain is going to figure out how to make it work. Add to that the rumors that xmlwrite will never be updated again and you can see where things are going.

I have definitions for 237 Subaru ECUs. All registered users can download this package from my web site.

Another good option - use XMLWRITE!!!! Just copy it (.exe, .dat) to ecuedit directory and all needed XML's would be automaticly generated.

P.S. So, why you are still using ecuEdit???? Use other "open source" products or stop affect me :lol:
epifan

Postby swifty » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:56 am

What's a registered user ? Someone who has registered on your website or someone who has bought one of the versions from it ?

I registered on the website but don't see any mention of this xml.

Also, what are the new features in the latest .77 release ? If you want us to buy it then you need to tell us what we're going to get.

I would happily pay the $120 if it came with the features I want, namely integration for my wideband and realtime mapping.
swifty

Postby epifan » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:08 am

swifty wrote:What's a registered user ? Someone who has registered on your website or someone who has bought one of the versions from it ?

Someone who has bought one of the versions.

swifty wrote:Also, what are the new features in the latest .77 release ? If you want us to buy it then you need to tell us what we're going to get.

I would happily pay the $120 if it came with the features I want, namely integration for my wideband and realtime mapping.

ecuEdit v2.1.0.77
- SSM Logger: Diagnostic Trouble Codes reader
- SSM Logger: Reset ECU
- SSM Logger: Custom Memory Logger (this version include only one preset for Logging Active Ignition Correction)
- Logger scheme saver/reader. Save/restore all selected log parameters, graphs and dash setups and etc.
- bug fixes: (many opened windows bug, etc)
epifan

Return to Data Logging Software