Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4/5/6/7/8/9 EvoScan Project v0.8

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Postby 4tun8 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:08 pm

I would like to see injector duty cycle if that would be possible.

I haven't had a chance to even use the program, but I see that it has pulse width but not DC.
4tun8

Postby laakness » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:09 pm

I know the gauge function is not built in yet but I decided to modify a "default" gauge and create my own for anyone else to use.

Just unzip the file and place the Laakness-Dark.xml file into your "C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v0.7\GaugeTemplates" folder.

Here is something I came up with pretty quick.

Download Here
laakness

Postby evo-mutsu » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:18 pm

can someone help me, i downloaded evoscan and when i try to run it, my comp says corrupt file
evo-mutsu

Postby danl » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:57 pm

mad_viii wrote:I have a question about the three Fuel Trim readouts..

Not sure how to interpret the values, and these are of interest to me because my car has run lean for some time now even after installing a walbro fuel pump.

My readings at idle are:
Fuel Trim High: 99.84
Fuel Trim Low: 140.4
Fuel Trim Middle: 120.02

Not sure what these correlate to, last OBDII logger I worked with (not on the evo) reported long and short term fuel trims in + / - percent anything over 5% + or - would cause a DTC to be set

Anyone know what these valuse are and what the represent???

Those seem like values I am used to for DSM's, which doesen't surprise me as they are very similliar. At any rate your fuel trims are (rounding off).

Low 140%
Mid 120%
High 100%

It looks like your injector pulsewidth at idle is a little large. What this usually means when writing DSM ecu code is that your deadtime pulsewidth is a little large. I'd log your pulsewidth at idle and see what value you'd have to make your deadtime such that you reduced this pulsewidth by 40%. The goal is to bring the trims to 100%. You'll find that idle swings wildly so just try to get that one within 20% plus or minus. Try to get your mid within 10% plus or minus. You should be able to get your high fairly close. The idle typically changes drastically from day to day.
danl

Postby zlancerman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:51 pm

laakness wrote:I know the gauge function is not built in yet but I decided to modify a "default" gauge and create my own for anyone else to use.

Just unzip the file and place the Laakness-Dark.xml file into your "C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v0.7\GaugeTemplates" folder.

Here is something I came up with pretty quick.

Download Here

Great addition!
zlancerman

Re: The software works great for logging......but

Postby andenbre » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:22 pm

HiVoltEVO wrote:1) Timing does not seem right. It seems to be indicating too high. Maybe someone else can confirm.

HiVoltEVO

it looks like for some reason the program instead of subtracting 10 from the data received from the ecm like the formula/function indicates in the software it is adding 1 or 2 to it. If I take the data received from column C and subtract 10 then compare it to my ignition maps it looks accurate

ps I added the notes in column E myself by just pasting multiple cells repetedly
Attachments
ScreenHunter_4.jpg
ScreenHunter_4.jpg (132.75 KiB) Viewed 8511 times
andenbre

Re: The software works great for logging......but

Postby evo-mutsu » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:36 pm

andenbre wrote:
HiVoltEVO wrote:1) Timing does not seem right. It seems to be indicating too high. Maybe someone else can confirm.

HiVoltEVO

it looks like for some reason the program instead of subtracting 10 from the data received from the ecm like the formula/function indicates in the software it is adding 1 or 2 to it. If I take the data received from column C and subtract 10 then compare it to my ignition maps it looks accurate

ps I added the notes in column E myself by just pasting multiple cells repetedly

i did the same thing. compared it to my ignition maps - 10 deg and it looks about right. i would love to see load also, just to help me tune a little easier
evo-mutsu

Postby andenbre » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:18 pm

just for giggles here is a shot of all 3 high octane maps It looks like my car was running through either map 1 or 2 or quite possibly both

note: this car is completly stock, the only changes made were to set boost limit to 255 and set boost desired engine load #2 at 159.4 across the board. it now spikes 1.3 bar @ approx 3300 holds 1.25 bar till approx 5500-5700 and gradualy tapers from there
Attachments
ScreenHunter_5.jpg
ScreenHunter_5.jpg (399.11 KiB) Viewed 8404 times
andenbre

Postby andenbre » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:14 pm

my evoscan notes at this time are

ignition advance calc is incorrect
maf air temp sensor is incorrect
coolent temp is incorrect
possible incorrect conversion to farenhite on the above 2 ? I actualy
prefer celcius for engine related temps.
option to switch between metric/imperial measures

I am hopeing for/requesting
actual value for ecm calculated load
Mivec timing advance status, maybe degrees of cam advance/retard or solonoid hz/possition
actual value for the map sensor in the intake manifold on the 9
lc-1/lm-1 integration, I am purchasing a lc-1 unit this week so I can actualy start dipping into some real map editing, not just rpm limit changes and minor boost taper elimination.
oh and I have no idea if this is possible but how about a value for open loop/closed loop status

I know you are working on graphing and guages, they would be very helpfull. graphing imparticular
andenbre

Postby mchuang1 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:49 am

andenbre wrote:my evoscan notes at this time are

ignition advance calc is incorrect
maf air temp sensor is incorrect
coolent temp is incorrect
possible incorrect conversion to farenhite on the above 2 ? I actualy
prefer celcius for engine related temps.
option to switch between metric/imperial measures

I am hopeing for/requesting
actual value for ecm calculated load
Mivec timing advance status, maybe degrees of cam advance/retard or solonoid hz/possition
actual value for the map sensor in the intake manifold on the 9
lc-1/lm-1 integration, I am purchasing a lc-1 unit this week so I can actualy start dipping into some real map editing, not just rpm limit changes and minor boost taper elimination.
oh and I have no idea if this is possible but how about a value for open loop/closed loop status

I know you are working on graphing and guages, they would be very helpfull. graphing imparticular

By ecm calculated load you mean as far as how the ecu itself calculatates load percentage? The reason I ask is that you have the tps which if it is at 100% you know its wideopen throttle.
mchuang1

Postby andenbre » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:47 am

throttle position and load #s are very diferent numbers. load is a number calculated by the ecm based on manifold pressure, tps, temp, maf hz, and other factors to estimate the engines volumetric efficency if you notice in my picture above the highlited areas on each ignition map are load/rpm plots on the map my timeing passed through on one pulland the load changed signifigantly around 3000 rpms that whole plot was 100% tps

haveing the actual load # that the ecm is useing logged would be an incredible aid to tuners
andenbre

Postby mchuang1 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:54 am

I purchased the software thru paypal and everytime I try to put my serial number in it keeps saying invalid has anyone else had this problem. It asked for the registered email and the serial and I copy and pasted the serial.
mchuang1

Postby mike1023 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:58 am

is there any like pdf on how to get this data software going and use all the options in it. like a faq or a starter up
mike1023

Postby the-moss2 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:41 am

Evo 9 people, what sample rate are you getting?

I only plugged the ODB-II part of my tactrix cable into the car (not the prorammer part) and was getting around 15samples/s indicated on the software.

Should I be connecting the other connector also?
the-moss2

Postby andenbre » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:50 am

the-moss2 wrote:Evo 9 people, what sample rate are you getting?

I only plugged the ODB-II part of my tactrix cable into the car (not the prorammer part) and was getting around 15samples/s indicated on the software.

Should I be connecting the other connector also?

I got 49s/s with both ports plugged in. not sure if that effects the sample rate, I just forgot to unplug the jumper port after I flashed my ecm. I also unplugged this connector while logging and it made no effect
andenbre

PreviousNext

Return to Data Logging Software