Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4/5/6/7/8/9 EvoScan Project v0.8

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Postby A418t81 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:02 pm

Thanks again for all your hard work. It will be nice to finally have all the Evoscan data as well as AFR in the same datalog.
A418t81

Re: Knocksum Alarm?

Postby chrisw » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:36 pm

SilverBack wrote:I have just been wondering if it is possible to hear an alarm sound from the laptop speakers while under full throttle... if it could be heard, it would be great to be able to set a sound for different knocksum figures as they are received while logging. I could set a nasty noise to warn me if say a 4 or above was received while logging rather than having to wait to view the log after the run.

Just a thought...

why would you want that? I just wait for the screaming passneger... :lol:

I wonder if the sound would be loud enough off the laptop speakers to be heard on a WOT run.
chrisw

Re: Knocksum Alarm?

Postby NoQuarter » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:45 am

I wonder if the sound would be loud enough off the laptop speakers to be heard on a WOT run.

Headphones would do the trick! :)
NoQuarter

Postby Evo4Mad » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:23 pm

Light travels faster than sound... perhaps a big gauge with a red light :)
Evo4Mad

Postby 05 Evo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:13 am

All of this is sounding great. This will work out nicely for me actually, whether it is a sound or a nice gauge that changes color, etc.

I built a CarPC for my EVO, with a motorized touch screen. The audio will be hooked up to the car's speakers. Even without the sounds, the touchscreen is right where it is viewable easily. Can't wait for all of the new features.

Also, perhaps in the future when ECUFlash evolves, we can learn how to set the check engine light to come on based on certain criteria. This is how DSMLink works. I was able to set my CE light to come on for a user-definable amount of knock or various other sensor outputs.

Great work, Evo4Mad.

Eric
05 Evo

Postby rwunsche » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:43 am

Hey, Evo4Mad, your website is down. (or maybe you're just busy updating it to show the new 0.9 release!?)

A guy can hope, right? :roll:
rwunsche

Postby HxllxMan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:52 pm

I hope so, because on ( http://www.limitless.co.nz/EvoScan/ ) it shows "Register Now to Download EvoScan v0.9 - $25US".

Hope I don't have to pay again?!?! :lol:

I never got the e-mail saying the v0.9 was released or probably you are busy. Can't wait to test my LM-1 with EvoScan :roll:
HxllxMan

Postby c-spec » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:38 am

HxllxMan wrote:I hope so, because on ( http://www.limitless.co.nz/EvoScan/ ) it shows "Register Now to Download EvoScan v0.9 - $25US".

I never got the e-mail saying the v0.9 was released or probably you are busy. Can't wait to test my LM-1 with EvoScan :roll:

the free upgrade are only for the first group of supporter
c-spec

Postby krafty » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:44 am

c-spec wrote:
HxllxMan wrote:I hope so, because on ( http://www.limitless.co.nz/EvoScan/ ) it shows "Register Now to Download EvoScan v0.9 - $25US".

the free upgrade are only for the first group of supporter

No, it's not. The upgrade is for all who registered. I just got my email about 5 hours ago. The 25$ is for new registrations.
krafty

Postby HxllxMan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:12 pm

To all Gmail user, beware! It seems Gmail.com add EvoScan@limitless.co.nz as a spammer. So check in your spam section!

I was lucky today to check my "Spam" section.
HxllxMan

Previous

Return to Data Logging Software