ProScan 2.0

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

ProScan 2.0

Postby DaveImpreza » Thu May 05, 2005 10:51 pm

Hi !

Anyone got the software in subject ? it is from www.myscantool.com

I've payd for that 3 days ago but i never received my serial number, and i tried to contact the developer but doesn't answer.
DaveImpreza

Postby calvinc » Fri May 06, 2005 7:05 am

if thats how he wants to conduct his business then his product deserves to be hacked.

do it and put the serial number here - i'll even host it...
calvinc

Postby NeverLies » Fri May 06, 2005 11:52 am

It is based on ELM interface so not really interesting. You should use Calvin software, it will permit to enhance it and to cover more and more impreza ECU ;)
NeverLies

Postby oman » Fri May 06, 2005 5:55 pm

calvinc wrote:if thats how he wants to conduct his business then his product deserves to be hacked.

do it and put the serial number here - i'll even host it...

This is the kind of thing that any open source/free project does NOT need. There are a bunch of people who are trying to make money at this sort of thing and they get REALLY upset when people do the same thing and give it away. You don't need to give anyone an excuse to come try and shut you down.
oman

Postby cboles » Fri May 06, 2005 6:48 pm

well said.

these forums are for sharing knowledge and software we develop, not for ripping off commercial software by posting serial numbers.
cboles
Site Admin

Postby calvinc » Fri May 06, 2005 10:33 pm

well said.

these forums are for sharing knowledge and software we develop, not for ripping off commercial software by posting serial numbers.

This is the kind of thing that any open source/free project does NOT need.

i'll accept the obligatory slap on the wrist then - each to his own opinion. "ripping off" comes from all sides - suppliers, consumers and hackers!

they get REALLY upset when people do the same thing and give it away.

i give my software away because i strongly feel thats how it should be done! if the current players in this market had made their products more accessible then this forum and open source would never exist! these things arise out of a need! its adapt or die in the market place gentlemen...the current players dont seem quick to adapt and therefore their products only become viable for the uninformed...

You don't need to give anyone an excuse to come try and shut you down.

in which country is free enterprise and competition illegal?

calvin
calvinc

bad

Postby DaveImpreza » Fri May 06, 2005 11:34 pm

I've tried this software and the result is :

VERY BAD !!!!!

It's full of bug, the support won't reply (you can try sending 1000 emails he won't answer). The connection to the vehicle break every 5 minutes and you have to reset the interface, close the program and restart. In some cases i had to restart my vehicle !!!!!

The only interesting thing is the on road dyno, but for the rest is better if you use free software.

I'm sure that if we work together we can do better than better !! I will offer my developer experiences to help the community.

I advise you, don't lose 50$ on this software like me !!

Dave
DaveImpreza

Postby Imp Guerra » Tue May 10, 2005 6:01 pm

I've tried this software and the result is :
VERY BAD !!!!!

It's full of bug, the support won't reply (you can try sending 1000 emails he won't answer).

he have answered in less than a day when I want buy it :)

The connection to the vehicle break every 5 minutes and you have to reset the interface, close the program and restart. In some cases i had to restart my vehicle !!!!!

Are you sure that your interface is OK?
try soft from www.wgsoft.de to be sure
have you tried it ?

The only interesting thing is the on road dyno, but for the rest is better if you use free software.

if you are interesting only in ROAD DYNO you should use Digimoto v.3.7 (it is also full of bugs and i think that Proscan is just a recompilation of the DM soft)
but RD works more or less

I advise you, don't lose 50$ on this software like me !!

Do not loose money with DigiMoto also... :)
Imp Guerra

Postby DaveImpreza » Tue May 10, 2005 10:51 pm

Imp Guerra wrote:Are you sure that your interface is OK?
try soft from www.wgsoft.de to be sure
have you tried it ?

Yes my interface is OK. I've tried with Scanmaster of wgsoft and work 100% good. The only problem with this software is that is not complete as others, but it's a good start.

Now i've finished my k-line interface and will try to communicate directly with the car, using SSM protocol, because ELM way seems too slow.

David
DaveImpreza

Postby Imp Guerra » Wed May 11, 2005 10:38 am

Yes my interface is OK. I've tried with Scanmaster of wgsoft and work 100% good. The only problem with this software is that is not complete as others, but it's a good start.

soft is incomplete in DEMO version, Profi version (80 euro) may be more complete, but i do not know cos we never buy apps

Now i've finished my k-line interface and will try to communicate directly with the car, using SSM protocol, because ELM way seems too slow.

elm is not not becouse it is elm, but it is of OBD-ii
Ozen-chip even worse than elm, the only softs for turkish OZEN is the soft from wgsoft.de v.1.0.0.0 and 1.1.0.0.
Turkish soft is real sh!t.

I want to try Tari app. Just download. Will try soon.
Imp Guerra

Return to Data Logging Software