EVO8 ECU in 1g - funny values

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

EVO8 ECU in 1g - funny values

Postby musicmze » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi,

the evo 8 (lancer cso) ecu works in my c58 Lancer non turbo.
But i have a problem with the airflow signal. Evoscan shows me values 70000 - 120000 linear to throttle position. I tested to cable + - an airflow direct to the ecu, but no improvent. Is there a problem with a sensor ground possible?
I don´t know how to fix it. The car works (but with the original evo 8 map an tephra mod v7, not matched to my car. But it works).

The Lambda shows 60,80, 120, 140 and so on (Narrowband or Innovate LC-1 analog output the same...). Is this right???

It could be, that the ecu gets the right values, but evoscan shows it me wrong (v2.6)

I hope of your answers - thank you Martin
musicmze

Re: EVO8 ECU in 1g - funny values

Postby musicmze » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:04 am

any idea?
musicmze

Postby radsdau » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Ca you get a hold of another sensor to discount the possibility your one is dead? It is not uncommon for them to die but still appear to partially work. Also, you haven't modified any of it and/or the surrounding pipework have you? The signal is often very sensitive to changes to airflow and turbulence.
radsdau

Postby musicmze » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:03 am

Thanks for the anwer.

With 2g MAF and 1g MAF it´s the same. Also too high values.
I modified my intake, but for testing. But i don´t think, a leak is the problem.

Is the Lambda Value right? I think 60,80, 120, 140 is not a normal lambda value... ??

best regards Martin
musicmze

Postby radsdau » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm not even talking leaks. I'm talking changes to the turbulence in the airflow. Some sensors are extremely sensitive to physical changes in the intake before the sensor element. I might be wrong, but if I were a betting man, I'd say modifying the intake has 'broken' the sensor (effectively). I've heard of this a lot with people trying to reduce restrictions in their intake system; removing wire meshes, milling out parts of the pipework etc.
radsdau

Return to Data Logging Software