LC-1 and Logger Connectivity

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Thu May 04, 2006 5:17 am

Supposedly there may one day be integration for LM1 into ecuExplorer, but it will not support the LC1... ever. At least this is what I gathered last time this came up on the Tari forum from Calvin.
JRSCCivic98

Postby qoncept » Thu May 04, 2006 12:39 pm

swifty wrote:Do you still need an AUXBOX to log AFR, RPM and Boost at the same time if you are using an LM-1 with logworks software ?

Yes.

I don't think anyone is seeing my point here.. If you set aux output voltages to that of the stock rear o2 sensor and wire it in place of the stock sensor, you should be able to just log rear o2 in Tari and it'll be in the logs. I'm not sure what would happen if the voltage was outside of the expected range (I believe the lower limit is 2.8v for ~11.5AFR) -- would it scale or just read 11.5? You can scale the o2 voltages within the ROM, as well, which would fix that.
qoncept

Postby x99percent » Thu May 04, 2006 12:44 pm

JRSCCivic98 wrote:Supposedly there may one day be integration for LM1 into ecuExplorer, but it will not support the LC1... ever. At least this is what I gathered last time this came up on the Tari forum from Calvin.
Why? The protocol is the same/similar between the two.
x99percent

Postby JRSCCivic98 » Thu May 04, 2006 4:22 pm

x99percent wrote:Why? The protocol is the same/similar between the two.

http://www.tari.co.za/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaB ... 1146159330
JRSCCivic98

Postby x99percent » Thu May 04, 2006 7:17 pm

The MPS_UTECLogger connects to the LM-1, LC-1, and the AEM wideband... perhaps the author, Jason, could be of some assistance?

UTECLogger@mpsav.com
x99percent

Postby gregsachs » Fri May 05, 2006 5:17 am

x99percent wrote:The MPS_UTECLogger connects to the LM-1, LC-1, and the AEM wideband... perhaps the author, Jason, could be of some assistance?

UTECLogger@mpsav.com

the aem uego protocol is very simple-basically, there isn't one. set to 9600/8/n/1(pretty sure on that), and it spits out the following:
xx.y^m
xx.y^m
etc on a constant basis
Just double checked, and there is a brief(3 line) init message, then it just starts spitting out data. The uego only has a serial output hooked up, there is no way of sending it serial data.
gregsachs

Postby 05GarnetLGT » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:45 am

any updates on this? LC1 integration would make tuning so much easier..
05GarnetLGT

Postby 06rexwagon » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:34 am

qoncept wrote:
swifty wrote:Do you still need an AUXBOX to log AFR, RPM and Boost at the same time if you are using an LM-1 with logworks software ?

Yes.

I don't think anyone is seeing my point here.. If you set aux output voltages to that of the stock rear o2 sensor and wire it in place of the stock sensor, you should be able to just log rear o2 in Tari and it'll be in the logs. I'm not sure what would happen if the voltage was outside of the expected range (I believe the lower limit is 2.8v for ~11.5AFR) -- would it scale or just read 11.5? You can scale the o2 voltages within the ROM, as well, which would fix that.

You woudn't want to put the WB where the 2nd sensor is if you have a cat in your downpipe because you will get inaccurate readings after the cat.
06rexwagon

Postby 06rexwagon » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:09 pm

Let's not let this topic die. I really want LC-1 integration!!
06rexwagon

Postby DonArm » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:07 pm

Agreed !!! LC-1 integration :D
DonArm

Postby chuckdez » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:34 am

qoncept wrote:If you set aux output voltages to that of the stock rear o2 sensor and wire it in place of the stock sensor, you should be able to just log rear o2 in Tari and it'll be in the logs. I'm not sure what would happen if the voltage was outside of the expected range (I believe the lower limit is 2.8v for ~11.5AFR) -- would it scale or just read 11.5? You can scale the o2 voltages within the ROM, as well, which would fix that.

I belive this possible, however it would take some calibration between the two. As several others have stated, you would need to replace the front O2. What's the range of the ECU on the front O2 input?
chuckdez

Postby qoncept » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:22 pm

Alright. Does Tari let you log the rear o2 voltage, rather than just AFR? If so, you could just log that with whatever output voltage you want from the wideband and calculate actual AFR in Excel. Everyone is trying really hard to make this more complicated than it really is.
qoncept

Postby chuckdez » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:00 pm

qoncept wrote:Everyone is trying really hard to make this more complicated than it really is.

Yeah this isn't rocket science, it's just a matter of someone spending the time and providing a proven method on how to configure them to work.

We are just talking about simple voltage values. Matching the *output* of the LC-1 to the factory *input* allowable range.

ECM STI04 input Front O2:
Front oxygen (A/F) sensor signal (+) 2.8 — 3.2
Front oxygen (A/F) sensor signal (−) 2.4 — 2.7

ECM STI04 input Rear O2:
Rear oxygen sensor Signal 0 0 — 0.9

The front O2 voltage can be logged via ecuEdit.

Someone with a LC-1 could use the sensor stand alone while logging with ecuEdit front O2 V. Verify the 14.7 AFR(1 Lambda) on the LC-1 and record the front O2 V. Adjust the analog signal output on the LC-1 to match the stock voltage.

My next concern would be does the ECM CEL when it is unable to detect the heating of the front O2 sensor. When it's in a CEL condition does it still monitor voltage?
chuckdez

Postby Jon [in CT] » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:36 pm

chuckdez wrote:
qoncept wrote:Everyone is trying really hard to make this more complicated than it really is.

Yeah this isn't rocket science, it's just a matter of someone spending the time and providing a proven method on how to configure them to work.

We are just talking about simple voltage values. Matching the *output* of the LC-1 to the factory *input* allowable range.

ECM STI04 input Front O2:
Front oxygen (A/F) sensor signal (+) 2.8 — 3.2
Front oxygen (A/F) sensor signal (−) 2.4 — 2.7

ECM STI04 input Rear O2:
Rear oxygen sensor Signal 0 0 — 0.9

The front O2 voltage can be logged via ecuEdit.

Someone with a LC-1 could use the sensor stand alone while logging with ecuEdit front O2 V. Verify the 14.7 AFR(1 Lambda) on the LC-1 and record the front O2 V. Adjust the analog signal output on the LC-1 to match the stock voltage.

My next concern would be does the ECM CEL when it is unable to detect the heating of the front O2 sensor. When it's in a CEL condition does it still monitor voltage?
It's more complicated than you think. First EcuEdit can't log the front A/F sensor voltage, unless it has a secret ability to support OBD-II scan functions. Front A/F voltage isn't available via Subaru Select Monitor protocol. Second the voltages on the two wires between the ECU and sensor originate at the ECU, not the sensor. The Denso sensor's "signal" is the direction and magnitude of current flow.

You could set up the LC-1 to generate a 0-1V linear ouput and send that to the ECU via rear O2 sensor wire. Of course, you'll set trouble codes and prevent the catalyst monitor from completing.
Jon [in CT]

Postby qoncept » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:28 pm

Set the output of the LC/LM-1 to that of the rear sensor you are replacing. Log the AFR in the logger of your choice and scale the AFR from 11.2 to 14.7 to 8 to 14.7 (or whatever) in Excel, if you can't log voltage.

The fact that the wires originate at the sensor is good. There's a harness there already. Use it and don't mess around splicing wires.

The trouble codes are kind of a moot point, as the vast majority are short at least one cat and throwing codes anyway, and we have the ability to remove them with reflashes.
qoncept

PreviousNext

Return to Data Logging Software