LC-1 and Logger Connectivity

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Postby UpPweez » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:24 am

Fact is ...

Cobb worked the LC-1 into StreetTUNER
The MPS_UTECLogger uses the LC-1

The LC-1 is the standard for stand alone Wideband.

The LC-1 needs to be worked into ECUExplorer. This is a necessity. Unfortunately, I don't think this will happen since Calvin isn't working on ECUExplorer anymore (due to working on RealTime tuning). I really wish Calvin would release one more version of ECUExplorer with LC-1 support. This is unbelievably necessary since you NEED to correlate AFR with the rest of the data in the logs. RealTime tuning is needed ... but what good is realtime tuning when you don't even know the AFR at a particular data point so that you change the Fueling/Timing.

What WILL happen is that epifan will work the LC-1 into his software (EcuEdit). I think that sucks because his program is no longer free.
UpPweez

Postby epifan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:56 am

UpPweez wrote:What WILL happen is that epifan will work the LC-1 into his software (EcuEdit). I think that sucks because his program is no longer free.

EvoScan is also not free. And many peoples buy this logger for $15... Some other developers creates "donate service"...

BTW, ecuEdit now support all Innovate AF sensors. New demo version would be upploaded tomorrow.
epifan

Postby UpPweez » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:34 pm

epifan wrote:
UpPweez wrote:What WILL happen is that epifan will work the LC-1 into his software (EcuEdit). I think that sucks because his program is no longer free.

EvoScan is also not free. And many peoples buy this logger for $15... Some other developers creates "donate service"...

BTW, ecuEdit now support all Innovate AF sensors. New demo version would be upploaded tomorrow.

BIG difference between $15 and $120.

I would be totally on board if you were selling it at a price that was reasonable with regard to the Open Source community. $20 logger, $30 editor. $50. Cool. You would probably even make more money that way. Your program is great. You do a lot of work on it. You DESERVE the money. No problem with that. The actual full suite is worth $120 easily. No problem with that. However, the project has been in the Open Source community for awhile. You marketed it to Open Source people. Now you are telling Open Source people you want money for it. Just seems wrong to me. But, what do I know :(

Look at the title on this bulletin board. The title in the top left. It says Open Source Logging / Tuning / Flashing. Your project isn't Open Source and you are now using this board to hype your product and get money. That sucks. Period.
UpPweez

Postby epifan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:13 pm

UpPweez wrote:BIG difference between $15 and $120.

Why $120??? Full Logger with graphics support, dash, Log Viewer and etc only $50. Map Editor will be still working in demo mode.
p.s. Evo2mad announced, that cost of new version will be $30. But it's still have'nt many futures that ecuEdit have.

UpPweez wrote:the project has been in the Open Source community for awhile. You marketed it to Open Source people. Now you are telling Open Source people you want money for it. Just seems wrong to me. But, what do I know :(
Look at the title on this bulletin board. The title in the top left. It says Open Source Logging / Tuning / Flashing. Your project isn't Open Source and you are now using this board to hype your product and get money. That sucks. Period.

I'm began to develop ecuEdit in December 2005, and I'm never said that ecuEdit would be FREE, especially that my "opensouce" suggestion
not were accepted by some openecu developers. BTW, I'm not only one person on this forum/community who sell his intellectual property.
epifan

Postby swifty » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:36 am

there is a guy working on LM1 integration for ecu explorer, see the tari forum :D
swifty

Postby Freon » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:10 pm

Well Ecuedit just added LM1 and LC1 support...
Freon

Postby chuckdez » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:01 pm

I've been looking at putting the LM-1 & LC-1 support into ecuExplorer. I had to get past the problems of a good build of the source code. Which I did a while back. The source code posted had alot of incomplete areas, almost like he started work and left it unfinshed. I've never even ran ecuExplorer other than to test the build. I also don't own a LM-1 or LC-1.
If I integrate the sensor support then I'll purchase one.

I went to epifan's forums and actually left a feature request for ecuEdit to add the support. He's an excellent programmer I knew he could integrate it quickly. I would buy ecuEdit if the price came down a little. If it was $50 I would have sent him a check the first time I ran the software.
chuckdez

Postby Spec C Wannabe » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:03 am

"If it was $50 I would have sent him a check the first time I ran the software"

It IS $50 but you get the Logger only. :wink: The Editor is another $70
Spec C Wannabe

Postby chuckdez » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:40 pm

Spec C Wannabe wrote:It IS $50 but you get the Logger only. :wink: The Editor is another $70

$50 for logging + edit :lol:

StreetTuner is $195 retail and a turn key application. Meaning you install it and it works and has support backing it up. With a big bonus, realtime tuning.

ecuEdit has very little support, takes some knowledge to make it work.
There is no guarantee you are editing the correct rom addresses.

Not trying to diss' ecuEdit, I think it is a great tool. However perception is everything.
chuckdez

Postby akcel » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:21 am

+1 ecuedit is nice and all, but damned if it isnt confusing for anyone that reads real numbers :P
akcel

Postby Freon » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:12 am

chuckdez wrote:StreetTuner is $195 retail and a turn key application.

Damn, where can I get an Accessport for free? I'd use ST if it was just $195, too. It's that $645 for the AP that gets ya!
Freon

Previous

Return to Data Logging Software