Evo5 - Evoscan and Mitsulogger - need help

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Evo5 - Evoscan and Mitsulogger - need help

Postby luvnish » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:13 pm

Hello,

JDM Evo5 owner here.

Two problems:

I have Tactrix 1.3U, using EcuFlash 1.41 drivers. I have successfully read the Rom from the ECU using the cable. I am also able to log using Mitsulogger. However I cannot get LM1 to log properly. The port is set up correctly because Mitsulogger shows up activity in the Innovate box. The appended AFR in the log are always 1.1, the same number throughout the entire log.

Logworks shows up the LM1, displaying correct AFR. I already tried using the .dll file from logworks and replacing the one in the Mitsulogger directly, to no avail, same problem.

Needing to log wideband, I bought Evoscan. This I have not even gotten to log at all. It keeps displaying error message "No Response from Vehicle ECU"

I have tried using different versions of EvoScan but nothing works. I can't get anything to connect using that program. So here's what I know, I know Mitsulogger works and can log without a hitch (except for LM1 support), I know EcuFlash works with the cable, and I know Logworks works, so the Tactrix cable, and the usb-serial cable I have, both work.

Is there anyone who can guide me through setting up Evoscan, drivers, settings, etc. that I may have missed or done incorrectly?

Or is there any way to finally get the LM1 to log the correct AFR in Mitsulogger? What does 1.1 mean if that's what is logged, is that Lambda or something?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
luvnish

Re: Evo5 - Evoscan and Mitsulogger - need help

Postby todd-w » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:14 am

to log with 1.3 cable you need to join pins 1 and 4 on the obd socket . you coild connect inot the two wires and put a switch on it for logging
todd-w

Postby luvnish » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:57 am

Update:

I know it's been a very long time but I eventually got EvoScan to log properly.

Prior to getting it to work I was running Windows XP, and after upgrading to Vista, everything began working fine.

I've since upgraded my netbook to Windows 7 Ultimate, and I will let you know if that works out.

Thanks.
luvnish

Postby todd-w » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:52 am

dont you mean downgrading to vista :lol:
todd-w

Postby evonut270 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:04 am

todd-w wrote:dont you mean downgrading to vista :lol:
nothing wrong with vista boy! :D
evonut270