Logging JDM MY2000 Legacy B4 TT with openport 2.0 ?

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Logging JDM MY2000 Legacy B4 TT with openport 2.0 ?

Postby japnuts » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:43 am

Hi All :)

I've just become the proud owner of an openport 2.0, and I would like to use it (initially) to help me fix/diagnose a very sick Subaru Legacy B4 Twin Turbo (MY2000/JDM spec).

I have downloaded and installed the ecuexplorer_v3_0_25 and the drivers for my win xp laptop.

When I connect the openport to the obdII port on the car I get cycling coloured lights, and when I connect the cable to the usb port on the laptop it sees the new hardware.However it seems that the pc is not seeing any data from the openport.

I tried using the alternate comms settings in the user manual pdf but there was no change. When I run the debug console it seems to be saying that it doesn't recognise the ECU ?!

I know that it wont flash the older (non denso) ECU, but I thought it was capable of reading the codes and logging data on the older ecus ?? Am I right in this assumption ?

I'm guessing that I may need to use another software package to read the codes and/or log the data... I would be really grateful if someone more knowledgable than me (I'm a complete newbie to OBDII) could confirm if trhis is the case or if there is simply something that I havent configured on the ecuexplorer_v3_0_25 software ?

Thanks in advance :)

Gavan
japnuts

Re: Logging JDM MY2000 Legacy B4 TT with openport 2.0 ?

Postby japnuts » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:37 am

Bump.. :)

Is anyone able to help me with this. I need to get this car diagnosed ??!!

Thanks

Japnuts
japnuts

Postby merchgod » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:23 am

You can't use ecuexplorer with the OP 2.0. They are not compatible and considering that Ecuexplorer hasn't been developed for years, there's not going to be any future support for the OP 2.0.

Later versions of RomRaider support the OP 2.0. Use that for logging. For reading CEL codes, there's some demo software that is compatible with the OP 2.0 - this is mentioned in some post somewhere.
merchgod

Postby japnuts » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:58 am

Thanks Merchgod !

I really appreciate the feedback.. I'll get a copy of ROMraider today. And I'll dig around for further info on the CEL codes and demo software.

Thanks again

Japnuts
japnuts

Return to Data Logging Software