Open Source OBD-II/MUT project for Mitsubishi Vehicles.

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Postby CLaNZeR » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:46 pm

Just spent the last couple of weeks exploring the OBD-II/MUT Protocols so I can Log/Monitor information from my EVO 6.

This stuff is a jungle when you first start and the information is spread all over the place with people letting out different parts of information here and there.

I have collated the information I have found over at my site in the forums http://www.myrollingroad.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

You are welcome to view the contents, but will need to register to reply to the posts.

My goal is to release Open Source (Free of charge) the following projects:

Pic-Mut standalone diagostics system that will simply be a OBD-II Plug that connects to the EVO OBD-II socket and displays the Monitor results on a LCD as well as doing 0-60 MPH stats and 30-130 MPH stats etc etc

U-OBD cable based on the FTDI FT232 range of chips that will allow people to build a simple USB>Serial cable for receiving the MUT data and use programs such as EVOSCAN and Mitsulogger (Soon to be referred to as UniLogger)

Various test software and inofrmation in one place for people wanting to to do the same thing.

Please feel free to visit http://www.myrollingroad.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16 and take a look at the data compiled so far.
Any extra information you have, again feel free to post and add to build up the information that will benefit everyone else.

Cheers

Sean.
CLaNZeR

Re: Open Source OBD-II/MUT project for Mitsubishi Vehicles.

Postby yarikoptic » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:38 pm

My goal is to release Open Source (Free of charge) the following projects:

so is it just a freeware (free of charge) or really an open source project? where could I see the sources if it is the latest? what is the license (GPL/MIT/...)?
yarikoptic

Postby CLaNZeR » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:16 pm

It is free mate as simple as that.

All available at http://www.myrollingroad.com

Not got time to to do fancy licence schemes and fill out forms as too busy playing with this stuff.

I make, release and if people want to make it or use the applications then they can.

Mut-Monitor released today, working with the OP2.0 cable. Might not be perfect, but works and FREE.
CLaNZeR

Postby todd-w » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:02 pm

godd work m8 8)
todd-w

Postby log1call » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Good work.
Trouble is that if you don't release the software under the open software conditions then anybody can claim it as their own and start licencing it. I think you only have to copy someone elses open software licence thingy, what ever they call it, and attach it to your own work and it is all officialy public property after that.

Good work though assemblying all the stuff together.
log1call

Postby praneethoct11 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:21 pm

How can i confirm that a particular car has iso9141-2. I have santro xing xp car. In which ,the obd connector has 4,5,7,8,15,16 pins. How would i know which protocol it uses. I am thinking it is iso9141-2 but am not 100% sure.
One more thing why did they give L line as well. Do we definitely require L line for initiation purpose.
Sameh.. can you send a copy of iso9141-2 specification docs. i am doing a project on it. :?

I already started my implemetation. I have hardware prepared with ly K line as input to the car(bidirectional). I wanna communicate to the car and extract some info atleast...
do help me please...
praneethoct11

Return to Data Logging Software