ecuEXPLORER knock correction value ???'s

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

ecuEXPLORER knock correction value ???'s

Postby C.J. » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:36 pm

I have been using ecuEXPLORER to log my 2006 STi and have a quick question on what I have been seeing in the knock correction (degrees BTDC) column. If you are monitoring the real time data where it shows 3 columns that include minimum/current/maximum of the knock correction (degrees BTDC) the positive (1,2,3,4....) will be shown in the maximum column and the negatives (-1,-2,-3,-4....) will be shown in the minimum column.

I want to make sure I fully understand this program since all of them are at times different from eachother and I myself am fairly new to this game.

But when I am watching on the table that indicates "knock correction" and I am seeing positive numbers is that in direct correlation to the number of degrees being pulled out? Where as the negative numbers being shown in the minimum column in direct correlation to degrees being added back in?

I know it would seem simple that the negative numbers would relate with subtracting timing and positives adding timing back but the way the program puts the negatives in the minimum column and the positives in the maximum column is causing some confusion.

I am hoping that some experienced users with this program can chime in.

-Also i am not sure how to post a copy of a log, but would be more than happy to if someone could tell me how to. Possibly that would give a better idea of what the heck i am trying to get acrossed :lol:
C.J.

Postby C.J. » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:45 pm

After looking at the logs I have found that the positive and negatives values have one thing in common. It appears that the positive numbers given for knock correction are all below my peak torque, where as the negative values for knock correction begin after peak torque and continue until redline.
C.J.

Postby merchgod » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:11 pm

Knock correction is timing advance corrected for knock which is then added to your base timing. Therefore, a higher value is actually better. You would need to know what the timing advance map looks like for your particular tune and the current IAM in order to know how much negative correction there is due to knock if you are looking at KC alone.

If you use Enginuity's logger and the latest logger definitions, you can log the individual elements of KC which makes it easier and gives you more information ->

KC = feedback knock correction + fine learning knock correction + timing advance max * current IAM
merchgod

Postby C.J. » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:06 pm

well i just recieved my tactrix cable on friday and will be using enginuity from here on out
C.J.

Return to Data Logging Software