Which software -& lead- to monitor neutral switch (Impre

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Which software -& lead- to monitor neutral switch (Impre

Postby markwild » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:18 am

I currently own some scantool software and the USB->OBDII lead that comes with it. However, I need to repair my gearbox neutral switch on my 02 STI UK, as it was showing intermittent dropout when being mapped.

Unfortunately, this software doesn't show this ECU feed, so I won't know if I've fixed it or not.

Can anyone tell me which software I require (ecuexplorer ?) and whether it will work with this lead ?

Cheers,

Mark
markwild

Postby New2Scoobs » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:08 pm

I had a similar problem with a 2001 UK WRX. The NPS state (on/off) can be logged with ECUExplorer (also latest ver. of Enginuity) and the Tactrix v1.2 cable - I've done it. My NPS switch would intermittently register "On" during WOT runs triggering a "MISFIRE" CEL. I'm now on my 3rd switch!
There is a modification that your subaru dealer should be aware of that can be made to reduce the over sensitivity of the switch. I believe the modification involves the fitment of a washer/spacer between the switch and the gearbox. I had this done at the end of last year and so far not had a problem.
Don't think you can log the NPS state with your OBD cable - I think that data is only available via the Subaru Select Protocol hence the need for the tactrix cable.
Hope this helps
New2Scoobs

Postby markwild » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:26 pm

Thanks for the info!

Mark
markwild

Return to Data Logging Software