Is Manifold relative Pressure the same as boost?

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Is Manifold relative Pressure the same as boost?

Postby rewindnottm » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:52 am

I have been doing some data logging today.

I noticed that one parameter was called Manifold relative Pressure in PSI.

I'm sure that turbo pressure and manifold pressure are relative but are they the same?

I'm punching out about 15.5 in third according to the manifold pressure but should be reaching 17.2 boost.

I have been advised to tighten the wastegate. but how much?

Also i don't have a boost gauge!so im hoping that the manifold pressure is the same (fingers crossed)

Cheers

Damian
rewindnottm

Postby Freon » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:42 pm

Where is the 17.2 number coming from? Is that what you put in your desired boost map?
Freon

Postby WRed » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:28 pm

Yes, manifold relative pressure is the same thing as boost. Since you're pretty close to hitting target boost I suggest you tighten the wastegate at half turn increments.
WRed

Postby rewindnottm » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:29 pm

Freon wrote:Where is the 17.2 number coming from? Is that what you put in your desired boost map?

thats what claimed for the from the XPL map.. it also can be seen on the boost maps too
rewindnottm

Postby rewindnottm » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

WRed wrote:Yes, manifold relative pressure is the same thing as boost. Since you're pretty close to hitting target boost I suggest you tighten the wastegate at half turn increments.

plan to do this at the weekend, i could hear a new noise when i got my 'bellmouth' downpipe fitted , but everything sounds louder so i thought it was just a noise i hadnt noticed before..
rewindnottm

Return to Data Logging Software