LC1 installed, Evoscan up, now what do I do?

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

LC1 installed, Evoscan up, now what do I do?

Postby C6ect.ect » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:27 pm

I've been enjoying the works of evoscan for awhile and finally just installed an Innovate LC1 WB.

With Evoscan running, W/B A:F selected, and serial plugged into LC1 "out" plug, what else do I need to do to get the darn A:F ratio logged?

I hate being a dumbass, help!
C6ect.ect

Postby Fitz » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:44 pm

You need to make sure that the terminator plug is installed in the LC-1 Serial Input connector, otherwise the LC-1 won't send serial data (waiting on the 'prior' device in the chain to report).

You can also test your serial connection with our free logger (LogWorks). One reason to do this is it appears that Evoscan does not fully parse data from the LC-1. So if the LC-1 is reporting an error of some kind, you may not see it. LogWorks should show status and errors. If you download the latest LogWorks, you can even log from your Tactrix cable into the application as well.

One last gotcha, if you run our "LM Programmer" application to configure your LC-1, but sure to cycle power to the LC-1 before logging. LM Programmer leaves the LC-1 one in a 'quiet' mode (no data packets streaming), which cycling power resets.

Good Luck,
-jjf
Fitz

Postby C6ect.ect » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:39 pm

Thanks for the tips, I will need them soon - I'm sure but I need to rewind back to my wiring configuration on grounding locations. Klaus recommended from a post that my 08 fault I was getting is due to not grounding to engine block - the OBDII serial uses the ECU ground which is on the block and I'm grounded to a center floor bolt.

Once I get that fix I will likely have to use your suggestions to get logging WB up
C6ect.ect

Postby Fitz » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:02 pm

Let me know if you continue to have any problems with the wideband.

-jjf
Fitz

Postby C6ect.ect » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:43 am

Fixed, don't know which of the below fixed it but this is what I did:

Grounded system and heater (sensor) to terminal (-)

Performed initial heater cal (unpluged) for 60 sec, not the 10 or 20 seconds in instructions.

All calibrations performed with engine running for maximum VDC (or ideal)

Fixed and logging wonderfully, but there's one problem - I had everything allmost set perfectly without using WB, the WB only confirms it lol
C6ect.ect

Postby Fitz » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:00 pm

C6ect.ect wrote:Fixed, don't know which of the below fixed it but this is what I did:

Grounded system and heater (sensor) to terminal (-)

Performed initial heater cal (unpluged) for 60 sec, not the 10 or 20 seconds in instructions.

All calibrations performed with engine running for maximum VDC (or ideal)

Fixed and logging wonderfully, but there's one problem - I had everything allmost set perfectly without using WB, the WB only confirms it lol

Uh, no refunds... ;)

Seriously, it is still worth logging and watching.

-jjf
Fitz

Return to Data Logging Software