What software reads/resets trouble codes on WRX's today?

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Postby xswrex » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:10 am

works fine for me as well :D
xswrex

Postby AlanG » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:17 am

hello... I'm using the newest version of ecuExplorer (3.0.25) and I'm having the same problem scanning trouble codes for my 2004 USDM Wrx... when using the "Trouble Code Reader" I see a whole wack of codes I know shouldn't be there :?
AlanG

Postby calvinc » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:43 pm

i dont know exactly which memory addresses are specific to each ecu for the dtc's. since there are stacks and stacks of different rom revisions it makes it difficult to find a reliable method of retrieval. i'm thinking of changing the current .dat file schema to .xml similar to how we have started with the map locations. this will allow users to enter specific data item and dtc addresses for their model year / revision.

calvin.
calvinc

Postby AlanG » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:32 am

calvinc wrote:i dont know exactly which memory addresses are specific to each ecu for the dtc's. since there are stacks and stacks of different rom revisions it makes it difficult to find a reliable method of retrieval. i'm thinking of changing the current .dat file schema to .xml similar to how we have started with the map locations. this will allow users to enter specific data item and dtc addresses for their model year / revision.

calvin.

That would be cool 8)
AlanG

Previous

Return to Data Logging Software