Mitsubishi-EcuFlash-Openport

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Mitsubishi-EcuFlash-Openport

Postby DaveM » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:28 am

Hello all

I know, another one.
I have a Mitsubishi - Montero Sport/ Shogun Sport/ Pajero Sport or
simply Challenger (here in AUS), Year 2002 with an 3.0l V6 (6G72)
which also is installed in the Eclipse, Pajero (incl. the Montero and Shogun), Verada, Magna, Diamante, L200, Galant.

I am using the latest release of EcuFlash for data logging and the latest OpenPort cable.

When connecting everything (using both plugs from the OpenPort) EcuFlash initiates fine, then choosing any Mitsubishi model with the ignition on it logs:

sending init sequence 1 (0001)
sending init sequence 1 (0003)
got 0x05 response
sending init sequence 2

and that's it!

I also noticed, if I do the same procedure with started engine, the engine dies.

Any clues for a double left-handed "talent"?

Thanks
Dave
DaveM

Postby YP » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:26 pm

Your processor MH8302 unsupported by ecuflash. Here is a ROM from Montero Sport 2001 3.0L V6 engine. Also I can post ROM file from Pajero Sport 2006 EURO4 if you need.
If you can recognise CPU core - it will be great.
Attachments
MR560348(560348).zip
(166.62 KiB) Downloaded 794 times
YP

Postby cboles » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:36 pm

Yes. When I can get the H8 support done, this car will be supported.
cboles
Site Admin

Postby DaveM » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:05 pm

Thanks for the quick replies.

YP:
In fact, if I tried to read the ECU with the "older generation of Mitsubishi" settings, I got the message "MH8302 processor not supported", but with the others, just that what I reported already.
If you give me some directions, where to start to find out the CPU core of this model, I'll do it!

Q:
- Is your attached ROM country specific and/or already altered?
- How did you got this one logged?

Anyway, many thanks for the ROM. I am also interested to get the EURO version for some comparisons. I will have a look into that.

cboles:
So, my understanding is that you are working on this? Do you need any help (testing etc.) from my end?

Many thanks and cheers
DaveM

Postby DaveM » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:55 am

...sorry, I just had another look in the log files and the message was "H8/500 processors are not yet supported!", if this helps.

Cheers
DaveM

Postby YP » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:20 pm

cboles wrote:Yes. When I can get the H8 support done, this car will be supported.

MH8302 CPU is not H8/500 core. Flash method is simple - without any kernal or bootloader.

ROM from PAJERO Sport 2006 with EURO4 in attachement.
Attachments
1860A297(60A297).zip
(170.01 KiB) Downloaded 744 times
YP

Postby peluca » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:28 pm

MH8302 CPU is not H8/500 core. Flash method is simple - without any kernal or bootloader

How do you flash this processor?
Can I use the Tactrix cable?
With what software?

Thanks.
peluca

Postby DaveM » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:05 am

I realise that this forum, as well as this Takrix cable, is a pure waste of money and time. Usually, where there is such a tight-lipped community, there is also something doggy about them.
And in fact this forum looks to me to be very limited what the range of cars concerns. Although people claiming the support of “many” Mitu’s and Subaru’s in general, the reality reveals that this space is specifically concerned about EVO’s and WRX’s.

What a pity addressing just a small crowed rather than expanding an open source project to a wider community. Lastly, would allow the development to become a competitive product.

However, in the meantime, I have found a different but highly active forum handing over schemas, software (also software supporting the Taktrix cable) and suggestions (and competence) to a wide range of cars.

Thanks to YP for the ROM’s even though nobody seems to know
- in what state they are
- what to do with them or
- how to tread them correctly.

And you, cboles seem to be very tired about this open project. But why bother, when at the other hand, you can already generate an income in selling a Takrix cable…

Thanks.
DaveM

Return to Data Logging Software