Evo Scan help

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Evo Scan help

Postby BarryC » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:32 pm

when I got the software and tatrix cable I could connect to my Evo 8 no problem,
tried to connect to an EVO 7 this evening to read a fault code and kept getting FTDI error,
even tried to download the Rom from the ECU with Ecuflash and it would not connect,
I even tried to uninstall the drivers and downloaded the Versiuon 2 drivers still no luck,
When I go into my device manager the Laptop calls the open port cable Com 11 as this is a virtual port is this correct ???
its as if the software cannot see the cable????
anybody got any suggestions????
BarryC

Postby Evo4Mad » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:29 pm

I changed mine to com port 3 and selected it in the scantech program to read the fault codes. EvoScan can do Evo4 fault codes.
Evo4Mad

Postby BarryC » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:01 am

Evo4Mad wrote:I changed mine to com port 3 and selected it in the scantech program to read the fault codes. EvoScan can do Evo4 fault codes.

ok I have changed the com port to 2 will Ecuflash automatically detect the cable even though I've changed the com port number????
when using scantech you select the jeff protocol converter is this correct???
BarryC

Postby Evo4Mad » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:15 pm

yeah thats it you got it. and EcuFlash and EvoScan use a direct FTDI driver, so the virtual com port you can set to whatever you like because they have no effect on these programs.
Evo4Mad

Return to Data Logging Software