Digital dash I started working on

User topics relating to software that logs data from ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Postby neutronium » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:32 pm

Great, glad it works for you. Let me know what you think of the latest version I just posted. Is the boost gauge size good? If not is it just the needle or the whole thing that needs to be bigger? I'm not so much concerned about the size of the text displays as I plan to eventually allow those to be resized to whatever size you want; but are they a good default size now? I know the max and min labels are small but that will be changed.

Also I'm not surprised the .exe doesn't work for you as it's just something I whipped up in a few minutes but does the new one work? Do you have the latest VB .net runtime files?

Thanks for your feedback.
Last edited by neutronium on Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
neutronium

Postby CROSSeyed » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:48 pm

Am I the only person not seeing the RAR at the bottom of the post?
CROSSeyed

Postby neutronium » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:30 pm

Were you logged in when you looked?
neutronium

Postby New2Scoobs » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:27 am

Do you have to install MS .net stuff first or something?

I get a dialog box error saying OpenECUgui.exe - application error
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click OK to terminate application"
New2Scoobs

Postby neutronium » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:28 am

Yes you do if you want to use the .exe launcher. It was written in Visual Basic .net. You can just edit and use the .cmd script if you don't want to install .net. The script is also probably more reliable at this point as I whipped up the .exe in literally like 5 minutes. Although I would appreciate some feedback on whether you can get it working or not.
neutronium

Postby New2Scoobs » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:55 am

OK I have just tried running the CMD file (Not connected to the car) and I get the error below.
Am I missing something or is this error message normal when you are not connected to the ECU?

C:\openECUgui\openECUgui>openecu.cmd

C:\openECUgui\openECUgui>set MONITOR="org.openecu.comm.SSPMonitor"

C:\openECUgui\openECUgui>set PORT="COM3"

C:\openECUgui\openECUgui>set MYCLASSPATH=".\build\openECU.jar;.\lib\jdom.jar;.\l
ib\junit.jar"

C:\openECUgui\openECUgui>java -Dconf.dir=.\conf -Dparameter.file=ecuparam.xml -D
monitor="org.openecu.comm.SSPMonitor" -Dmonitor.port="COM3" -classpath ".\build\
openECU.jar;.\lib\jdom.jar;.\lib\junit.jar" org.openecu.boot.Bootstrap -render d
ashboard -param EGTF Boost KNK IAM
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/openecu/b
oot/Bootstrap (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

C:\openECUgui\openECUgui>
New2Scoobs

Postby neutronium » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:24 am

I haven't seen that error before but at first glance it seems to be a problem with your java version. Where it says: "Unsupported major.minor version 49.0" probably means you're trying to use java 1.4. Do you have the latest version of JRE installed? I've only tested this with 1.5.0_05 and I know you definitely need 1.5 or higher not sure if 1.5.0_04 or earlier will work.

If you just want to see how the program might act without connecting it to the car you can change the last part of the monitor command from "SSPMonitor" to "TestMonitor".
neutronium

Postby New2Scoobs » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:39 am

I downloadad the latest windows version from here.

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Is this the Java software to which you refer?

neutronium wrote:I haven't seen that error before but at first glance it seems to be a problem with your java version. Where it says: "Unsupported major.minor version 49.0" probably means you're trying to use java 1.4. Do you have the latest version of JRE installed? I've only tested this with 1.5.0_05 and I know you definitely need 1.5 or higher not sure if 1.5.0_04 or earlier will work.

If you just want to see how the program might act without connecting it to the car you can change the last part of the monitor command from "SSPMonitor" to "TestMonitor".
New2Scoobs

Postby megafrenzy » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:58 am

For your reference, here is what it looks like in my car.

My resolution is 800x600.

Sorry about the glare.
Attachments
IMG_0682.JPG
IMG_0682.JPG (57.46 KiB) Viewed 8075 times
megafrenzy

Postby neutronium » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:03 am

Yes, that's the right version. Did you have a previous version of java installed previously? Do this:

Bring up a command prompt (Start>run>cmd) and type: Java -version
Tell me what it says.
neutronium

Postby neutronium » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:04 am

Thanks for the picture, that will help me get a feel for the scale. Do you think the boost gauge is an acceptable size? It's kind of tricky because if it gets too big, the cpu usage will skyrocket so I want to make sure I can keep it readable without it being to large.

Also, you said you're running an M10000 right? What's your average cpu load while the program is running?
Last edited by neutronium on Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
neutronium

Postby neutronium » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:17 am

Here's a pic of a few quick changes I made to the color sceme. What do you guys think? Do you prefer this one or the old one?
Attachments
gui3.JPG
gui3.JPG (33.42 KiB) Viewed 8008 times
neutronium

Postby cdvma » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:48 am

Is that a real screenshot? Your data is really wrong if you have an IAM of > 16.
cdvma

Postby megafrenzy » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:06 pm

The gauge size is good, I would like a little more contrast with the needle and perhaps a thicker needle also. I like the black background, keeps my face from glowing at night.

Font size used on the IAM and EGT is about the minimum (as shown in my photo).

Also, its a widescreen LCD and my mobo cannot generate the native LCD size of 800x484, so its getting squeezed vertically from 800x600. That means your circles will be slightly oval on my LCD. Full screen window at 800x600 would be nice.

I typically run FrodoPlayer as my front end, which plays the mp3s using winamp. If I'm navigating, then I also have iGuidance. I'm not sure about the CPU load, but its not much. I'll check it out on my ride home tonight.
megafrenzy

Postby neutronium » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:14 pm

LOL no, those aren't real values. I hope I wouldn't have knock correction of -39.
neutronium

PreviousNext

Return to Data Logging Software